PDA

View Full Version : Where to Find Scented nickel size cork scents?

-Josh-
04-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Guys,

A few years ago I bought a car from a guy who had the car detailed before I bought it off him. It had these little cork material scented air fresheners that smelled wonderful. I contacted the body shop that detailed it and they no longer use them nor do they remember the name of the product. Anyone have any ideas?

They were about the size of a nickel and were round in shape.

65chevy
04-09-2013, 06:14 PM
Guys,

A few years ago I bought a car from a guy who had the car detailed before I bought it off him. It had these little cork material scented air fresheners that smelled wonderful. I contacted the body shop that detailed it and they no longer use them nor do they remember the name of the product. Anyone have any ideas?

They were about the size of a nickel and were round in shape. auroma disks

Ron Ketcham
04-09-2013, 06:40 PM
You can make them out of wine corks, just cut above the wine residue, soak with a concentrate fragrance of choice for a few hours. Same thing.

-Josh-
04-09-2013, 08:48 PM
Thank you very much! Just checked the site and those are exactly what I was talking about. :)

Ron Ketcham
04-09-2013, 09:18 PM
You can go to a "craft store", like Hobby Lobby, even some crafts depts at Walmart and buy concentrates of fragance oils. You can adjust the "power" of the concentrate by diluting with a water and rubbing alcohol mixture.

Or, just find a por-purri (sp) fragance, comes in bottles that is already diluted down, soak the disc of cork in it for a few hours and you got it.

-Josh-
04-10-2013, 11:17 AM
You can go to a "craft store", like Hobby Lobby, even some crafts depts at Walmart and buy concentrates of fragance oils. You can adjust the "power" of the concentrate by diluting with a water and rubbing alcohol mixture.

Or, just find a por-purri (sp) fragance, comes in bottles that is already diluted down, soak the disc of cork in it for a few hours and you got it.

That`s a great idea and I may just do that. It won`t stain the interior of the car will it? Where can you buy the cork at? I don`t drink wine so I could see that being a problem.

Ron Ketcham
04-10-2013, 11:52 AM
They probably have cork sheets as well.

Put them under the seats, so no worries about a small, oil based stain, should that happen.

All these are is a more modern version of what grandma used to make, called a "sachet", which was old, clean cloth, cut up, saturated with a fragrance, perfume, cologne, etc and then wrapped up with a pretty piece of cloth and placed in clothes drawers, closets, etc.

pwaug
04-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Ron--good thing you explained what a "sachet" is since I don`t think there are many of us old enough to know--allot like "Doilies"

Ron Ketcham
04-10-2013, 06:19 PM
And so it goes.

See, even you young whipper snappers find some education from us old farts on occassion.

Those "little hanging pine trees", etc are really nothing more than a "sachet", just some smart marketing and taking old into new world.

They are just like "grandma`s" sachets, just a masking, cover-up fragance.

-Josh-
04-11-2013, 10:00 PM
young whipper snapper, I like that :dance: I will definitely look for those supplies and get cracking on making my own air fresheners.