PDA

View Full Version : New Found Respect.....

bravnik
04-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Seriously. Those of you that do this for a living....props!!!!

I just purchased a new Cadillac ATS in Black. The dealer had detailed it for delivery and of course that means they put a lot of swirls and halo`s on it for me.

I have had many a black car in my day but this one is special, don`t ask me why but I absolutely love my ATS. I have enjoyed my previous cars but this car really has it all. Thus I want to take better care of her than any other car I have owned.

So 3D Professional is what I settled on. HD Pads (Orange, Black, Red) HD Uno, HD Polish and HD Proxy. Purchased a PC7424xp, some new plush Micro-Fiber towels and some clay.

To start 2 bucket wash followed by clay then 2 bucket wash again. Then onto the fun that is known as waxing. Long story short I hit each spot with 3x Cutting, 2x Polish and 1x wax. I started this process on Sat around 1:30pm and finished not even half way done around 11pm. I started again on Sunday around 11:30pm and finished the process at 10:30pm. I only stepped away to eat during this time. I took my time for sure but man what a learning experience. Props again for those that do this for a living as I`m not sure if this is something I would want to do every day. It`s really a lot of work if you do it right. My chiropractor is going have a field day with me for sure now :)

Thanks much to this site for the knowledge base that it provides. All the information I learned I learned from here and the products I purchased for this endeavor where determined based on posts here. Thanks again.

Accumulator
04-08-2013, 10:38 AM
bravnik- Welcome to Autopia!

Glad to hear you like your Cadillac so much and that you managed to get it done over the weekend. (Heh heh...now for the *really* hard part- *keeping* it nice ;) )

Yes indeed, the people who do such stuff professionally deserve our :bow Not an easy way to earn a living by any means.