PDA

View Full Version : New Guy stationed in Japan

Mach1usmc
04-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Hello all- I`m a U.S. Marine currently stationed in Okinawa. Been detailing as a "weekend warrior" for many years now. I`m about to retire and am going to do it full time. I stumbled across Garry Deans vids on YouTube (that`s how I found out about Autopia) a few months back and am now doing the GDWM regularly- Thanks for that Garry!! Anyhow, after perusing the forum a bit I can see that the knowledge is vast and deep. I look forward to getting to know everyone and exchanging ideas etc. Take care!!

Kevinch
04-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Welcome! But more importantly - thank you for your service! :goodjob :thx :usa2:

Brad B
04-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Welcome! Would be interesting to get your overseas perspective on products.

Mach1usmc
04-05-2013, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome Kevinch and Brad! As far as products go, honestly I order most of my products online via Amazon etc. Your basic Japanese products are about double the price of similar American products- and they only get more expensive from there. The only products for car care I get off base is clay bar. There is a pretty wide variety and the price is pretty comparable. You just have to be mindful that everything is in Japanese so you can`t always be certain of what grade you`re getting. Lol

RToth
04-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Welcome! You will find this place to be very helpful with any questions you may have and good humor now and then as well :wavey

teksmabrep
04-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Welcome Mach! You`ve came too the right place.

Signature Blue Auto Care - New York