PDA

View Full Version : Protecting new Jeep flares - Blackfire Crystal Seal?

01svtL
04-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Can the Blackfire Crystal Seal be used on the black fender flares on a Jeep Wrangler? I`m picking up my brand new 2013 on Friday, and want to get these sealed/protected right away. Want to make sure this stuff won`t dull or fade them.

TroyScherer
04-04-2013, 08:37 AM
You can use BFCS. But I think there are much better options out there. I personally would suggest CarPro Dlux.

Here is a link to my review: http://www.autopia.org/forum/product-reviews/142204-product-review-carpro-dlux.html?highlight=

Kean
04-04-2013, 11:53 AM
I have had good success with GTechniq C4 especially on new or "good condition" trim. In fact, it`s what I have been using on my 2010 Challenger exclusively. In the past three years I have applied it twice to the plastic grille/tailight surrounds, kick panels and front spoiler. On older trim it has been a little hit or miss depending on the condition and characteristics of the piece it`s applied to. When it does work, it last several months or up to a year before it begins to show signs that it may need to be re-applied. ....at least in my case.

Either way, I thought I would throw it out there as a potential candidate in your ongoing research. Below is a link to a thread I created on some of my initial experiences with the product if you`re interested:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/134971-g-techniq-c4.html

01svtL
04-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys. The reason I was thinking BFCS was because several people mentioned that dirt seems to not stick to it. I`m seeing where a lot of guys are saying that dirt and mud seems to almost stain the black flares on the Jeeps, so I was hoping to protect them with something that wouldn`t allow dirt/grease/etc to penetrate and "stain" them.

Keep`em coming!

Dan
04-04-2013, 01:08 PM
You have to be careful with any sort of hype surrounding a new product, especially if its from the PBMA/AG portfolio.

Junebug
04-05-2013, 11:58 AM
It`s a jeep, you are going to rip those suckers off anyway! Soon as you lift, add those 44`s and about 10k in other mods, Hey, just kidding with you, I am jealous, good luck and drive safe, and please post some pics!

01svtL
04-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Haha, well I live and work in downtown Houston, so mine`s gonna stay shiny! The roads downtown alone warrant Jeep suspension though. They were hell even with my 4Runner. I will be getting some 33`s though. :)