PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Car Detailing

AquaHawk
04-01-2013, 04:38 PM
I have just one quick question. What do mobile car detailers usually have with them when they go out on a job? besides products. But like Gas pressure washer, generator, tank and air compressor? Is that about right and how is it all set up?

Thanks.

IHA Mark
04-01-2013, 07:14 PM
I have a gas pressure washer but rarely use it. I mostly do ONR washes. I use a generator, water tank, and air compressor often. Also a carpet extractor, but lately I have been getting just as good of results out of a hand held steam cleaner.

How is it set up? What type of vehicle and/or trailer do you have? that will greatly impact your setup. You can do mobile detailing without ANY of the above mentioned items however, as long as you require that the home owners let you use their water and electricity.

Scottwax
04-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Carry enough water to ONR wash, use customer`s electrical hook-up, been doing it that way almost 19 years, no one has had a problem with me plugging in. I shampoo carpets and wetvac, although I am looking into a steam cleaner to see if that speeds things up. Have it to such a science now though, not sure if changing things up will speed me up or slow me down.

Everything right now fits in my trunk, cooler and ladder (when doing trucks and SUVs) in the back seat, so no need to pull a trailer. Makes the AZ trips twice a year a lot cheaper on gas with everything fitting in my car.

RenuAuto
04-01-2013, 11:23 PM
Scott. I love my steamer, but like you I had everything down to such a science that at first it slowed me down. Just give it a little while to find out how to work it most effectively into YOUR system and you won`t be disappointed.

kakeuter
04-02-2013, 07:17 AM
60 gal tank, 12v water pump and electric pressure washer. I don`t bother with generators anymore unless it`s a one-off situation, in which case I will throw the eu2000 in the van. Open the side of the van, grab the extension cord reel and plug in, ready to go in less than a minute.

I also carry a steamer and the my vac system is hard mounted in the van so there`s nothing to remove and drag around the car.

-Kody-

IHA Mark
04-02-2013, 10:32 AM
I recently purchased a hand held Kenmore steamer from Sears for around $80. It is downright amazing. Great for door jambs, carpets, leather seats. It easily fits in a small bag.

The steaming method had been so good that I have been barely using my Mytee Lite 2, even though it cost about $700 more.

I highly recommend getting at least a small steam cleaner. It can make things soooo much faster in the interior, plus it doesn`t soak the carpets. By the time you are done with the car they are usually completely dry.