PDA

View Full Version : What product to remove mayonnaise stain from cloth seat?

Evaporator
03-26-2013, 04:12 PM
An open mayonnaise packet accidentally got left on passenger seat and someone sat on it. I didn`t discover it until a few days later.

There`s an oil spot in the area. What way should I go about removing it? Should I use a solvent/detergent based cleaner or an enzyme type and can someone recommend a specific product I can find in stores?

David Fermani
03-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Use a light solvent 1st. This should break down the oils and clear things up quite a bit. After, follow up with an APC making sure you`re using a lifting action so it pulls out any reminants from the seat surface.

imported_ww2717
03-27-2013, 02:43 AM
Dave what kind of a product would you call a light solvent. Can you please some products that classify as light solvents Thanks

David Fermani
03-30-2013, 04:21 PM
Dave what kind of a product would you call a light solvent. Can you please some products that classify as light solvents Thanks

Here`s a perfect solvent:

Valugard - New Car Prep (http://www.valugard.net/store/p-47-new-car-prep.aspx)

david2013
04-06-2013, 06:26 AM
Knowing mayonnaise stain removal techniques becomes important. To remove the stain from cloth, you need to follow some steps such as scrape off the mayonnaise, rinse the stained area under cold water, pretreat the stain with a laundry prewash stain remover, launder in the hottest water allowed for the fabric to thoroughly remove the stain and oil.

togwt
04-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Grease / Oil removal from fabric covered upholstery– use a terry cloth towel or talc to soak up any residue. Use a medium-hot iron and brown (Kraft) paper; using the iron press down on the paper, the heat will transfer oil to the paper. Change to a clean (oil free) area of the paper frequently, ensure you do not burn the fabric. And then use a degreaser (Optimum Power Clean™) or a spot remover (303 Cleaner & Spot Remover™) work product into material with an upholstery brush. Once fabric is dry apply a fabric protection (Scotchgard™ Protector or 303™ High Tech Fabric Guard)

If you have access to a steam cleaner it will readily remove grease / oil. Use an extractor to remove any excess residue