PDA

View Full Version : Removing long mark on Windshield

Matt1
03-07-2013, 01:23 AM
Hi everyone, I just got a 2 year old car a little over a week ago. I noticed after I had the car cleaned, waxed and buffed there is a about 1/4 inch wide mark on the passenger side of the windshield.

It follows an arc pattern, and is over foot long. It`s light and looks kind of hazy - you have to look at the windshield at a slight angle to see it (it always catches my eye from the drivers seat).

I have tried Zaino Z-12 (by hand) and #0000 steel wool with no luck. I can`t figure what has caused this.

Any suggestions on how to remove this? I`d appreciate any help or suggestions.

Thanks!

Richard Grasa
03-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Look into Ceriglass polish from CarPro, it works very well. They have a kit that comes with a couple applicators as well. If doing it by hand with the applicators isn`t able to get the mark out, then you would need to step up to using one of the rayon glass polishing pads they also sell on an electric polisher.

CeriGlass: Glass Polish & Cleaner (150ml) KIT - www.CarPro-US.com (http://www.carpro-us.com/ceriglass-glass-polish-cleaner-150ml-kit/paint-glass-correction/)

Once you get the mark out, change your wiper blades and possibly coat your windshield with something like FlyBy30 to help the wipers glide over the glass easier without marking it.

Matt1
03-09-2013, 03:07 AM
Thanks Rich. I will look into Ceriglass and also check out FlyBy30. I appreciate your help.

Matt

Nanolex US
03-12-2013, 04:47 PM
Glass polish follow by Glass sealant should work.