PDA

View Full Version : what is your absolute favorite towel for removing your polishing residue and LSP`s?

Guitarist302008
03-05-2013, 03:05 AM
I`m just curious. I was using the cobra brand for a long time. I`m thinking of something else now though, as the last time I noticed a little bit of marring on a jeweled finish.

Accumulator
03-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I`m still satsified with my PackShak Ultra-Plush ones. For the little bit of this stuff that I do, they`ll probably last me for many more years.

Next time I buy new MFs I`ll probably get the ones John Kleven is offering: http://metropolitandetail.com/boutique/shop-by-brand/metropolitan-detail/metropolitan-detail-1616-edgeless/

But note that I like a soft, plush towel for buffing such stuff off and some people don`t. If those turn out to be *too* gentle for certain buffing-off jobs, I`ll just go back to the PakShak ones.

jmsc
03-05-2013, 01:05 PM
For polishes I like the Meguiar`s White Ultimate Wipe. Not too mild but just the right amount of bite for compounds/polishes.

For LSP`s. I love the Zaino Snow whites (if you can find them).

For rinseless/waterless/QD`s/drying I use alot of various brands/sizes/colored MF`s.

I`m sure everyone has their favorites.

Guitarist302008
03-10-2013, 12:46 AM
So the pakshack towels and the metro`s both look very nice, but metro`s are 8.50 a piece, pakshack`s are cheaper, but they don`t have free shipping either.

David Fermani
03-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Hands down:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/142387-issue-metropolitan-details-new-towel.html

Accumulator
03-10-2013, 01:39 PM
So the pakshack towels and the metro`s both look very nice, but metro`s are 8.50 a piece, pakshack`s are cheaper, but they don`t have free shipping either.

The Pakshak shipping isn`t as bad as you might expect.

Between the two MFs, you might oughta try both so you can see what *you* think. Plenty of people have expressed surprise that I like very soft, plush MFs for buffing off certain LSPs and polishes; they prefer ones with a little more "bite" and maybe you will too :nixweiss

GENERALLY....once you get into this range of MF, it`s not like one is a terrible choice or that another is gonna mess up something.

Even with those Cobras of yours...what do you think acutally *caused* the marring that you noticed? I have some Cobra MF bonnets that are pretty crappy as MF products go...in part because they`re old and worn. But I`ve used them recently to buff off LSP residue and they did *NOT* cause any problems. I was very relieved, I`d kinda wondered whether I oughta just retire them...and no, they sure aren`t as "safe" as my good MF towels :grinno: But they did the job without any problem.

pwaug
03-10-2013, 03:12 PM
I tried 3 of these when they had a free shipping special and plan to get more--outside of the color nice towels-- they are very soft--washed before first use and no linting.

600gsm Extra Fluffy Microfiber Detailing Cloth 16"x16" (3 pack) (http://www.microfibertech.com/600gsm-Extra-Fluffy-Microfiber-Detailing-Cloth-16x16-3-pack_p_271.html)

Legacy
03-10-2013, 03:26 PM
The Pakshak shipping isn`t as bad as you might expect.

Between the two MFs, you might oughta try both so you can see what *you* think. Plenty of people have expressed surprise that I like very soft, plush MFs for buffing off certain LSPs and polishes; they prefer ones with a little more "bite" and maybe you will too :nixweiss

GENERALLY....once you get into this range of MF, it`s not like one is a terrible choice or that another is gonna mess up something.

Even with those Cobras of yours...what do you think acutally *caused* the marring that you noticed? I have some Cobra MF bonnets that are pretty crappy as MF products go...in part because they`re old and worn. But I`ve used them recently to buff off LSP residue and they did *NOT* cause any problems. I was very relieved, I`d kinda wondered whether I oughta just retire them...and no, they sure aren`t as "safe" as my good MF towels :grinno: But they did the job without any problem.

You should try Pakshak`s Silver Surfer.

Accumulator
03-11-2013, 02:40 PM
You should try Pakshak`s Silver Surfer.

What`s the attraction there?

I woulda thought their plusher/heavier ones would be more my speed... :think:

Legacy
03-11-2013, 04:26 PM
What`s the attraction there?

I woulda thought their plusher/heavier ones would be more my speed... :think:

The Silver Surfer`s are plusher than the Ultra Plush and have long naps on both sides...just like you like them.

Accumulator
03-12-2013, 12:33 PM
Legacy99- Ah, OK, thanks for explaining. They have some even thicker plush ones (forget the names...they`re blue) that kinda intrigue me too. But I think that *next* time I`m gonna try the ones from Metropolitan, in part because I want to send the business John`s way.

Guitarist302008
03-12-2013, 12:39 PM
I haven`t decided. There`s a few other things that I want to order at the same time, and i`d like to get everything from the same place if possible.