PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Temp Prep wash name

Concourswanna b
02-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Just heard from Robert at Hi-Temp: Prep Wash is now known as: HT-806 AKRYA KLEAN.

They always get back to you quickly when you have questions.

jmsc
03-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Is this product similar to P21 Total Wash?

Bill D
03-01-2013, 05:50 PM
I know P21 costs a bit more and I still dont why Akra Clean is referred to as Prep Wash. Id opt for it over the P21 for the economy. It does a wonderful job of removing LSPs and polish. I do follow with IPA though.

Accumulator
03-02-2013, 02:55 PM
I call it PrepWash because, well...that`s what mine says on the label. That`s also what they show on the bottles at the TOL site :nixweiss

So they finally changed the number huh? It was HT-23 for decades (used to be called "Removes All" back in the day, at least I did update to "PrepWash" ).

IMO AkraClean/PrepWash is *NOT* really comparable to P21s TAW. The latter is much more of a...uhm...oh sheesh I`m no chemist..."soapy product" than the AkraClean. TAW sudses a bit and it`s something you`d reach for to emulsify grease or wash off mud, or something like that. AkraClean (I`m using that name over and over to burn it in ;) ) is something I`d *only* use to "strip" an otherwise clean panel. Not that it won`t *do* other jobs, but IME it`s not all that great for them.

Eh, I oughta just be all Floyd Meguiar about it and call the stuff HT-806 :chuckle: