PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Malaysia!

edmund_o
02-20-2013, 10:30 PM
Hi guys!

Just a regular detailing enthusiast from Malaysia. :yo: Informative forum!

What`s in my arsenal? Measly collection of products from... Dodo Juice, Optimum, Duragloss, CarPro, Meguiars, Menzerna... have been buffing mostly with my Bosch light weight rotary but now switched over to a Rupes LHR15ES (230V version, got it from the local Rupes Asia dist) + Rupes/LC/Osren(Velvet/Denim).

David Fermani
02-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Hey there! Welcome to Autopia.org. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy your stay. High-end car care is pretty popular in Malaysia right??

edmund_o
02-20-2013, 10:48 PM
Hey there! Welcome to Autopia.org. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy your stay. High-end car care is pretty popular in Malaysia right??

Hi David. Car prices here are expensive with all the taxes/duties imposed by the government. Couple that with the harsh tropical climate and smog/pollution in the big cities, that makes perfect sense for people here to care for their rides! High end car care is catching up as well as the lower tier. Bigger high-er end market down south in Singapore though...

sulla
02-20-2013, 10:59 PM
Hi edmund, im awed by the rupes success...it spreads so far and so fasttt into malaysia,australia,and as you may have seen the US.

I`m even awed by the fact that you use osren velvet/denim pad...i thought they were only good with the rotary...i recalled they don`t cut well with the pcxp...how do you find the cut with the rupes ? Can you really clear up orange peel with rupes+denim/velvet pad ? Thanks

edmund_o
02-20-2013, 11:40 PM
Hi edmund, im awed by the rupes success...it spreads so far and so fasttt into malaysia,australia,and as you may have seen the US.

I`m even awed by the fact that you use osren velvet/denim pad...i thought they were only good with the rotary...i recalled they don`t cut well with the pcxp...how do you find the cut with the rupes ? Can you really clear up orange peel with rupes+denim/velvet pad ? Thanks

Hi Sulla!

Woops... typo. I`ve only used the Velvet/Denim pads on a rotary thus far. Never tried it on my Rupes yet. Will do once I`ve understood and used this machine well enough. Still testing the LHR15 with a bunch of LC/Rupes pad with Sonax PF and M101.

And yes Rupes is selling like hot cakes here! The local dist sold every machine out in a blink of an eye!

togwt
02-21-2013, 04:17 AM
:welcome: to Autopia edmund_o

[...with all the taxes/duties imposed by the government] unfortunetly not unique to any one country

Brad B
02-21-2013, 07:18 AM
Welcome! Do you get your detailing products locally or do you have to order over the Internet? Just curious about where the stuff comes from. Good luck!

edmund_o
02-21-2013, 09:53 AM
:welcome: to Autopia edmund_o

[...with all the taxes/duties imposed by the government] unfortunetly not unique to any one country

Hi there Dr Jon. Love the compilation of your articles on Autopia!

Welcome! Do you get your detailing products locally or do you have to order over the Internet? Just curious about where the stuff comes from. Good luck!

Hi Brad, I do get some of my local stuff locally like Dodo Juice, some Optimum, Duragloss, Meguiars, Sonax, 3M, CarPro, bunch of stuff from Japan, etc. Just a tad pricier than in the States or UK. Only product than I do remember that we had earlier and cheaper than US was M101! Bought it for ~USD30 per quart. Not too many establishments carrying detailing products as a whole over here. Newer product releases or bulk purchases from the net.

Ron Ketcham
02-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Hi David. Car prices here are expensive with all the taxes/duties imposed by the government. Couple that with the harsh tropical climate and smog/pollution in the big cities, that makes perfect sense for people here to care for their rides! High end car care is catching up as well as the lower tier. Bigger high-er end market down south in Singapore though...

Unless they buy the goverment car, Protron, was invited over to advise them about 10 years ago regarding paint and trim concerns. They have improved their quality, I must say, since then.