PDA

View Full Version : Good Lug/Interior brushes

WRXINXS
02-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Hi all,

I currently have two of the Autogeek 1" round boars head deatailing brushs ($8 each). I use one for my lug nuts/wheel lip/gas tank door/etc. and the other for interior dust removal/detailing. I was wondering if this brush is safe on wheels and interior or if I should go for something like the Raceglaze or Swissvax set and if they would be safer/softer?

Thanks,

Drew

JohnKleven
02-13-2013, 07:39 PM
Hi all,

I currently have two of the Autogeek 1" round boars head deatailing brushs ($8 each). I use one for my lug nuts/wheel lip/gas tank door/etc. and the other for interior dust removal/detailing. I was wondering if this brush is safe on wheels and interior or if I should go for something like the Raceglaze or Swissvax set and if they would be safer/softer?

Thanks,

Drew

Check out our ENVY brushes set. It`s a great deal on the best brushes we have found.

http://metropolitandetail.com/boutique/shop-by-brand/envy/envy-detail-brush-set/

John

Accumulator
02-14-2013, 12:49 PM
wrxinxs- Do you have any reason the suspect that the current brush is *not* OK? Your specific concern about wheels and interior makes me think it`ll be OK...wheel finishes are generally pretty tough and interiors generally don`t mar like clearcoat does (plenty of people use regular toothbrushes on interiors).

What I wonder about is using it on painted surfaces like around the fuel filler. I use different BHBs for wheels/wells compared to other areas that might be more vulnerable (and more obvious if marred).

I`d get something really gentle for use on those other areas, like the ones John Kleven has. Heh heh, zero question in my mind that his stuff will prove quite satisfactory. But just FWIW, I`m using ones from Griot`s at present just because I already have them and they`re fine...well, until they`re not; all BHBs wear out and you gotta replace them before they become scratch machines (or demote them to wheel/well/undercarriage/etc. duty).