PDA

View Full Version : New Car Question?

Pages : [1] 2

97F1504x4
03-30-2006, 10:46 AM
Ok so i am curious to know. We are all pretty anal when it comes to washing/detailing our cars and trucks. So i am curious to know from all of you. If you were to go and buy a Brand New car not off the lot but special order one that takes 6-8 weeks for delivery would you let the Dealership wash the car when it arrived or would you chose to have it NOT washed and delivered to you in it`s arrival condition minus white plastic of course. And then bring it home and wash it yourself??

airflowdevelop
03-30-2006, 10:52 AM
I Generally won`t buy a car, unless the plastic is on it.

Dennis

BLUELINE 1
03-30-2006, 10:56 AM
I would rather wash it myself.

Tex Star Detail
03-30-2006, 11:12 AM
wash myself. I would request that the plactic stay on. Also, I would want the plastic seat covers, steering wheel cover, tags, etc...to be left on. It`s kinda like unwrapping a present....haha

JaredPointer
03-30-2006, 11:30 AM
I would prefer that the dealer not touch the vehicle, if at all possible. I like to take the plastic off myself. :)

TrueDetailer
03-30-2006, 11:46 AM
I`m not as anal as you guys. When i bought my last truck i knew some of the guys in the detail shop so i went ahead and let them prep it and put a coat a wax on it. Yeah, of course a few weeks later i ended up polishing and waxing it myself. But i felt like driving home from the dealership in a clean and somewhat shiny truck. That is what i was paying for.

CalgaryDetail
03-30-2006, 01:01 PM
When i got my new car i requsted that they just leave it and let me wash and unpak it. I guees that requst got lost somewhere in the mix. They washed it like they do anyother car which kinda sucks but I think it makes them look more profesional, plus most people dont know or want to wash their cars properly. I also knew i was going to be spending a few hours cleaning it anyway so the wash didint bother me 2 much. I just looked at it as a good wax stripped (with no wax)

budman3
03-30-2006, 01:06 PM
On the Tacoma and my sister`s car I didn`t let the dealer touch it but they both decided to take the plastic off. No damage done when they took off the plastics but I made it clear to not touch it other than that. Theres nothing like having a swirl free vehicle without doing any polishing

Beemerboy
03-30-2006, 01:07 PM
When I go in for service I won`t let the dealership wash the car....

TrueDetailer
03-30-2006, 01:16 PM
People when new cars come in from the factory, they go thru a system. They go thru a 3 mile drive to check everything out. All the plastics get removed from the exterior and interior, they get put into the computer system and given a lot number.. They go thru detail and get preped for the lot, which normaly includes a wash, removing of barcode stickers and blue glue on the tires, and a quick vacuum.

Its called a pre-delivery inspection. At least at the dealership i worked for, thats what it was called. There are things that dealerships have to do, so don`t get upset at them for doing them. The dealership i worked for is ranked one of the best in the world by making sure your car is perfect when it arrives to you, Bartow Ford.

joyriide1113
03-30-2006, 01:35 PM
I`m sure Deanski isn`t letting anyone who doesn`t need to touch his Porsche once it arrives. I think once it arrives he will have armed gaurds protecting it against the notorious "guy with QD and towel".

RTexasF
03-30-2006, 06:52 PM
Mine came off the truck the day I bought it. I told them to leave it be and I`d do the detail myself....they gladly obliged:lol:

97F1504x4
03-30-2006, 07:29 PM
Nice to see I am not the only one who feels this way.

Richard

audiboy
03-30-2006, 08:24 PM
I requested that they leave it as it was also, but someone didn`t get the message. Luckily, they did a pretty decent job of washing it and didn`t mess anything up. My local dealer knows not to wash it and I usually won`t let them work on it unless I`m in the garage with them. Half of the time, I actually do the maintenance for them.

Antonio Waxer
03-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Unfortunately many of the swirls we see on new cars are there from the factory...quality control will polish cars on the line if defects are visable and they will be pulled and repainted if they are real bad, then they put the plastic on...it may be a losing battle for many..