PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose my correction arsenal

Brian D
02-11-2013, 01:41 PM
I am going to get back into detailing part time and for now I`m looking mostly to do corrections and doing coatings as well. I`ve never been a fan of interiors and I work full time with rotating shifts, so I think I can get away with this. I`ve been reading and searching on here for a while now, looking at click and brags, etc (some really great work guys) and I like that you list what you use. I`m definitely not new to machining or wet sanding, just been out of it for few years. Just picked up a Harbor Freight DA and played around with it and it feels great, would have loved this years ago!

Anyway, here`s the bottom line.

- I`m thinking M105/M205 because they are available here at the local Wally World and see many guys using them, they seem proven.

- Which foam pads should I get and which MF pads should I get?

- I need a good glass polish

- I want to do Opti Coating and MAYBE offer one other coating

Any and all input would be appreciated guys. Just want say thanks and let you know I`m not a "hack" lol. I care a lot about doing things the right way and I`m not looking to do this to try to just make a buck, I make decent enough money during the week, I simply miss doing this stuff and making some extra money is just bonus.

Also, with all the products, pads, etc. I like to keep things simple. I want keep products to a minimum and use what is good and what I know will work, if that makes sense.

Many thanks guys! Look forward to putting up some of my first click and brags!

pwaug
02-11-2013, 05:19 PM
If you`re going to do a lot of OptiCoating you might want to consider Optimum polishes as they eliminate the need to do an IPA wipe down prior to the OptiCoating. Consider also HD Cut, Polish, UNO and Speed not to mention HD POXY as an LSP--long working times, no dust, easy removal. Many reviews with honest comments in the 3D section of this forum. 3D International, LLC (http://www.hdcarcare.com/)

Brian D
02-11-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks for the tip! Where you from? Washington Walmart is the one I was speaking of.