PDA

View Full Version : Should I Opti coat?

iluvspl
02-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Hey guys I have a silver 2007 BMW m6. I wash it whenever it is dirty with ONR. I live in a high rise in Miami so a hose access is not available. I have been thinking of coating the car cause I hear so much about this stuff. I want the best possible look to the finish and am worried these coatings don`t look as good as a wax or sealant. What does everyone think?

tom p.
02-05-2013, 05:55 PM
I want the best possible look to the finish and am worried these coatings don`t look as good as a wax or sealant.

IME, that`s a fair and accurate statement. The Opticoat doesn`t really add any gloss, it`s kinda neutral, if I may. With that stated, it`s critical to have the car cleaned up and the surface perfected prior to applying the OC. No big deal. Living with OC is a real pleasure and certainly worth the effort and price of admission.

pwaug
02-05-2013, 06:56 PM
I know pictures don`t tell the whole story but look under the click and brag section for cars done by Scottwax where he applied OptiCoat--might give you some idea of the look.

Legacy
02-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Hey guys I have a silver 2007 BMW m6. I wash it whenever it is dirty with ONR. I live in a high rise in Miami so a hose access is not available. I have been thinking of coating the car cause I hear so much about this stuff. I want the best possible look to the finish and am worried these coatings don`t look as good as a wax or sealant. What does everyone think?

It`s all in the polishing my friend.

Richard Grasa
02-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Personally I love the look of Opti-Coat and the quality of the polishing before application will definitely have an affect on how it looks. You may also want to look at the other coatings like CQuartz and 22PLE as they seem to have a different look to them, more "blingy" as some would say, however they are not as permanent as OC.

There`s also a few pics of cars I`ve Opti-Coated on my website (link is in my sig below) on the Opti-Coat page to give you an idea of the look.

Dan
02-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Opticoat does look very neautral, just like the paint underneath it. Its just a better performing layer of clear. That said, you can top it with whatever you like if you want more bling. Optiseal or OCW are great, fast and easy products that work very well on top of Opticoat. Other durable LSPs work as well.

iluvspl
02-05-2013, 08:47 PM
The 22ple looks interesting but where can someone buy it at?

Richard Grasa
02-05-2013, 09:04 PM
The 22ple looks interesting but where can someone buy it at?

22PLE (http://esotericcarcare.com/22PLE)

Scottwax
02-05-2013, 11:56 PM
Really like how Opti-Coat looks. Every customer whose vehicle I have applied Opti-Coat and Optimum Coating to has commented on how much they like the appearance.

My own car has probably one of the worst colors to show off polishing or an LSP but this is 6 months after polishing and applying Opti-Coat

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s445/ScottwaxH/Accord_sun_zpsa18c1ce8.jpg