PDA

View Full Version : ONR spray wash method mixed with AW

NotQuiteAPro
02-05-2013, 12:19 PM
Sometimes when my car is in between what I would use waterless wash and a full ONR wash I have this method where I use a strong dilution in a spray bottle and pre-soak the panel then wipe (the ONR method feels a bit safer IME). I have heard up people adding OCW to their ONR washes, my train of thought was could I add some AW (only spray wax I have on hand at the moment) into the spray bottle and get a little more warm out of the wash, basically the same thing if I got DG`s rinseless with AW or the new ONR with carnuba. I just was wondering if they might impact each other.

dervdave
02-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Just use the new ONRWW

NotQuiteAPro
02-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Yeah I was thinking I might toy around with it, but I didn`t want to waste product if someones already done this before.

Scottwax
02-05-2013, 05:22 PM
Just use the new ONRWW

Agreed, it works great. Excellent on glass too, customers have been asking what I`ve been using on their windshields after they drive in the rain.

dervdave
02-06-2013, 09:01 AM
ONRWW really is that good :smile1:

NotQuiteAPro
02-06-2013, 02:40 PM
I was wondering about it, I hadn`t seen much mention of it anywhere.

Junebug
02-07-2013, 11:31 AM
Or just buy the Duragloss no rinse product, it has AW in it. And yes, I bought/tried/like it too.

NotQuiteAPro
02-08-2013, 09:41 PM
I figured the Napa stores in NC would have more of a selection but since everyone is different it can be really hit or miss. Carquest usually always has AW though. I might give the DG a try, I have seen some threads where people prefer it to ONR.

reparebrise
02-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Could someone bring me up too speed, what is AW?

pwaug
02-09-2013, 10:26 PM
AW=Duragloss AquaWax is DG`s spray wax--can be used on wet or dry car--reasonable price, nice booster wax. 22 oz. Duragloss AW (Aquawax) (http://www.duragloss.com/Exterior-Polishes/Aquawax/22-oz.-Duragloss-AW-(Aquawax))

NotQuiteAPro
02-26-2013, 05:04 PM
So this past weekend after after some bad weather my DD that I have been maintaining with OS and ONR washes really needed a wash. I didn`t feel like doing a full blown ONR wash so I figure I would try my idea out and so I mixed 2 oz`s of ONR and 1 oz of AW into a spray bottle. I proceeded to spray very liberally the lower half of the car and let it sit while I went around and washed each panel.

When I finished I could definitely see a difference from mixing the AW into the ONR, where the ONR alone leaves the car very glossy and shiny I noticed that it was less reflective and had more color. The car is Burgundy and really likes waxes. I have used CG XXX on it before and it looked great but now use OS because it is far easier to refresh when the protection is begging to wain. The wax always looks deeper than the OS of course, and I was able to get a little deeper, more wax like look using this method.

So all in all this tell me that I will likely try the new ONR with wax or the DG rinseless with wax sometime in the future.

However, one this that I did notice was the AW seemed to make the spray really streaky compared to just a ONR soak which is always very forgiving and hardly ever, IF ever, streaks. I was going to snap a couple pics but I finished just in time for a new storm to blow through the area YAY.

pwaug
02-26-2013, 06:03 PM
However, one this that I did notice was the AW seemed to make the spray really streaky compared to just a ONR soak which is always very forgiving and hardly ever, IF ever, streaks. I was going to snap a couple pics but I finished just in time for a new storm to blow through the area YAY.

Interesting you mentioned this as I found the DG Rinsless with AW to be "streaky." Something I never experienced with ONR.

NotQuiteAPro
02-27-2013, 04:46 AM
Interesting you mentioned this as I found the DG Rinsless with AW to be "streaky." Something I never experienced with ONR.

It was defiantly noticeable. I`m glad you mentioned that, it is steering me in the direction of the Optimum with wax.

Thanks for that.

imported_WCD
02-27-2013, 09:22 AM
Today I will complete 5 regular cars- every two weeks. I prespray with ONRWW (hand pump sprayer) and then spray a towel. Go over paint, but while still wet, spray down glass and paint with my spray wax product, and dry with ww towel. All will be glossy and very slick! Takes about 8 min. per car before wheels, glass, vac, etc. Very fast and very good results. On non regular cars, I will use the bucket method and put more product in towel. Honestly, this is a great way to keep paint protected and glossy. I am 15 min. faster per car so when you have 5 cars....$$$$$ in my pocket over a year.

I learned that if you over dilute, you can get streaks, even though it`s hard to only use ONR`s recommended rates...like a capful for a pump sprayer.

We`ve also been selling kits to customers when they mention after a detail that they go to local car washes or worse.

NotQuiteAPro
02-27-2013, 01:13 PM
Interesting, I`ll dialing back both the ONR and AW and make another go at it just for S&G`s.