PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Use Detail Juice used as a Tire Dressing after 7 days!

Garry Dean
01-27-2013, 11:18 AM
Here is my Infinite Use Detail Juice used as a Tire Dressing, after 7 days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHhcy1QiodA

Thanks for watching!

Accumulator
01-27-2013, 11:42 AM
Garry Dean- Heh heh..."definitely time to wash the car..." after a week or so with no rain :rolleyes: Oh, you crazy Autopian you..that`s still mighty clean looking! Now do the mudflaps and well liners next time :chuckle:

So using the IUDJ as a tire dressing doesn`t result in some kind of, uhm...mess..with stuff like brake dust getting on it? You know, like the way some tire dressings are better than others in that regard.

I`m guessing the IUDJ holds up even better on bits that aren`t subject to as much exposure/abuse as the tires. On hard plastics, like underhood bits, what about using the (undiluted) IUDJ both as a light cleaner *and* a dressing?

Garry Dean
01-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Garry Dean- Heh heh..."definitely time to wash the car..." after a week or so with no rain :rolleyes: Oh, you crazy Autopian you..that`s still mighty clean looking! Now do the mudflaps and well liners next time :chuckle:

So using the IUDJ as a tire dressing doesn`t result in some kind of, uhm...mess..with stuff like brake dust getting on it? You know, like the way some tire dressings are better than others in that regard.

I`m guessing the IUDJ holds up even better on bits that aren`t subject to as much exposure/abuse as the tires. On hard plastics, like underhood bits, what about using the (undiluted) IUDJ both as a light cleaner *and* a dressing?

IUDJ drys to the touch in about 10 minutes. There isnt any snotty residue left behind that dirt and dust would stick to. I dont really treat trim as a professional these days because nothing lasts and people dont keep up with the maintenance required to keep dressed trim looking good after it is properly hydrated. With that said, IUDJ does hydrate, darken, and protect exterior trim, but it is water based, so dont expect amazing durability if you are in a rainy climate.

David Fermani
01-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Nice shine and no sling after 8 days. Sound like a good product.

David Fermani
01-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Do you wipe/sponge it on or spray and wipe?

Accumulator
01-28-2013, 01:08 PM
IUDJ drys to the touch in about 10 minutes. There isnt any snotty residue left behind that dirt and dust would stick to....IUDJ does hydrate, darken, and protect exterior trim, but it is water based, so dont expect amazing durability if you are in a rainy climate.

OK, gotcha, answered my concerns.

I dont really treat trim as a professional these days ..

I don`t treat it as an amateur either :D Well, with a handful of exceptions and I don`t really consider products like Fast Finish to be "trim treatments" at least not in the same sense as dresssings (that stuff`s more like a QD-strength BIS-type product, if that makes any sense).

I was wondering if I`d want to try replacing my Fast Finish applications with IUDJ, at least initially... :think: ...like, I might do the IUDJ for a while (as it oughta do a little cleaning too) and then switch to the Fast Finish for ongoing maintenance, or something like that.

Garry Dean
01-28-2013, 07:33 PM
Do you wipe/sponge it on or spray and wipe?

I like to spray 2-3 sprays on a tire sponge and wipe iudj on the tires.

imported_ww2717
02-12-2013, 07:58 AM
Still looking fantastic Garry. One of the most versitile products out there.

DaGonz
02-17-2013, 08:37 AM
"You`ll see swirls...I haven`t polished it yet"....

The detailer is so busy is he can`t detail his own car! :grinno:

Jean-Claude
02-17-2013, 12:28 PM

Oh god, don`t look at my work truck`s paint. At this point I view my truck as more of a test-bed than anything.

Garry Dean
02-17-2013, 12:47 PM

Thats the story of my life...

david2013
04-06-2013, 06:15 AM
I agree with you that we don’t get to wash our cars. It’s interesting and the video is amazing.