PDA

View Full Version : lifted show trucks

jimbo_01
03-29-2006, 01:00 PM
i was wondering if anyone else on here had a lifted truck they show, or a car for that matter. i have my axles painted black and was wondering if you guys spray them with tire shine or something for shows? my paint fades and last show season i just kept repainting it. this year i was thinking of just spraying it with something to make it shiny again. maybe adam`s in & out detail spray.

CharlesW
03-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Don`t give up on getting an answer.
97F1504x4 has a lifted truck and can give you some tips if/when he sees your thread. There`s probably others, but I happen to remember his user name.:)

Charles

97F1504x4
03-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Yep i have a lifted truck that i show and all i do with mine is give it a good washing with some APC Simple Green seems to work the best. All i used to paint the axle and some of the frame areas is a Aerosol Rust inhibitor Type paint that ACE Hardware sells. In a tall black can with Red writing i think. I went with the gloss black and have only had to re touch a few areas. Never have applied any other type of product though.The paint has held up very well.

LikeaRock
03-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Yep i have a lifted truck that i show and all i do with mine is give it a good washing with some APC Simple Green seems to work the best. All i used to paint the axle and some of the frame areas is a Aerosol Rust inhibitor Type paint that ACE Hardware sells. In a tall black can with Red writing i think. I went with the gloss black and have only had to re touch a few areas. Never have applied any other type of product though.The paint has held up very well.
Simple Green and a pressure washer works GREAT! Another porudct that works even better is any sort of "White Wall Cleaner"
I dress the hell out of the undercarraige with AA cut 60/40, it leaves everything nice and black after application.

Trucks and SUV`s are actually my favorites to work with, especially if they`re lifted. I just love the look of a spotless full size truck, and so do customers! :)

Webb
03-30-2006, 02:44 AM
Is Simple Green safe for brake pads & rotors ?

Thank you

97F1504x4
03-30-2006, 10:38 AM
Is Simple Green safe for brake pads & rotors ?

Thank you

I have not had any problems with my brakes using it.,

RIchard

LikeaRock
03-30-2006, 12:17 PM
I have not had any problems with my brakes using it.,

RIchard
I second that, never a problem here either

96TexasZ
03-30-2006, 01:42 PM
i just use gloss back for my frame and for my axles cus its cheap

Webb
03-30-2006, 04:29 PM
I second that, never a problem here either

Diluted ?

Thank you

LikeaRock
04-03-2006, 06:24 PM
Diluted ?

Thank you
Both. I don`t dilute it if the wheels are really dirty, bust most of the time I dilute it 1/1

97F1504x4
04-03-2006, 06:30 PM
I dilute it for the undercarriage but i do not use it on the wheels. What i do is put some simple green in with my soap mix that i use the Foamgun and then I also mix up a bucket of SG and water. Then i spray the undercarriage with the Foamgun and follow that with a brush and long handled to scrub it all down. Then rinse and let dry.

Richard