PDA

View Full Version : A Marketing Idea.....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Tex Star Detail
03-29-2006, 12:48 PM
So I was skimming through the other forums awhile back, looking for some different marketing ideas. i happend to stumble acroos one that involves a "raffle". So here is how it works. Get a raffle box and set it where you feel it would get attention. I will be placing mine in a lube place here in town. I know the owner personally, so it`s cool. He wants me to put them in ALL of his places. Think 4 other lube places.
Anyways, what you do is set it up and advertise on it. (Example: 15% off a full detail.) Put some info on there, the drawing date etc.....
When the date comes time to draw, call EVERYONE that has entered! Tell them that they had their name picked for the drawing. The customers get what they want and you get what you set out to get!

Here is a couple of pics of mine. I need to make more. I also need to redo my little info paper up top....

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g187/texstardetail/rafflebox001.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g187/texstardetail/rafflebox002.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g187/texstardetail/rafflebox003.jpg

I bought the box from an office store, along with the card holders(2 pack), and double sided tape.
I had to cut the little tab off the back of the car holders so I can mount them to the box itself.

Questions/Comments?

DetailCad
03-29-2006, 12:55 PM
On the entry blank, have a space for year, make and model of car to be detailed if they win. Then, make the luxury cars the ones you call first.

C. Charles Hahn
03-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Excellent idea!! That`s brilliant... I`m sure you`ll get a ton of business from that, too. :D

joyriide1113
03-29-2006, 12:56 PM
So I was skimming through the other forums awhile back, looking for some different marketing ideas. i happend to stumble acroos one that involves a "raffle". So here is how it works. Get a raffle box and set it where you feel it would get attention. I will be placing mine in a lube place here in town. I know the owner personally, so it`s cool. He wants me to put them in ALL of his places. Think 4 other lube places.
Anyways, what you do is set it up and advertise on it. (Example: 15% off a full detail.) Put some info on there, the drawing date etc.....
When the date comes time to draw, call EVERYONE that has entered! Tell them that they had their name picked for the drawing. The customers get what they want and you get what you set out to get!

Here is a couple of pics of mine. I need to make more. I also need to redo my little info paper up top....

I bought the box from an office store, along with the card holders(2 pack), and double sided tape.
I had to cut the little tab off the back of the car holders so I can mount them to the box itself.

Questions/Comments?

Pretty cool idea!

C. Charles Hahn
03-29-2006, 12:57 PM
On the entry blank, have a space for year, make and model of car to be detailed if they win. Then, make the luxury cars the ones you call first.

What difference does it make who you call first if you`re calling everyone, anyway? You can always schedule appointments in for folks booking a few weeks out...

Tex Star Detail
03-29-2006, 12:58 PM

I did. Name, phone #, year, make, model, and color:D

BLUELINE 1
03-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Great idea!

tooklean
03-29-2006, 02:01 PM
I tried that program couple of years ago I offered a free detail to the winner. It went over pretty well. I was able to get the names of possible clients however when I would send these folks advertisements about discounts and special wash packages no one responded. They were only interested because it was free. Really pissed me off.

DetailCad
03-29-2006, 02:33 PM
What difference does it make who you call first if you`re calling everyone, anyway? You can always schedule appointments in for folks booking a few weeks out...

Well, I didn`t want to come right out and say "don`t call the guys with 10 year cars worth less than the cost of a detai" or "don`t leave messages for people with 10 year old cars" or "don`t call people back with 10 year old cars that don`t answer". But I kind of thought one could figure that out themselves.

DetailCad
03-29-2006, 02:47 PM

Duh! I looked back at the picture and can see that now. Nothing like stating the obvious, huh?

One other thing I`d do is never leave the box empty. Always have some completed entry forms in there, even if they are made up. Nobody will want to enter a contest if they are the only one entering it.

GregCavi
03-29-2006, 02:50 PM
Chris looks very professional. What did the whole thing cost to make? I am definatly going to steal your idea haha.

Greg

REWOP4C
03-29-2006, 02:52 PM
and they say there`s no truth in advertising.

REWOP4C
03-29-2006, 02:54 PM
I`m going to make one for myself, i`m going to put it in the local hardware store in downtown Mianus. i let you know how much of a resopnse I get from the local Mianaians.

shortd81
03-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Yeah how much did it cost. I`m going to get one now. I`m thinking about offering a Free Express Wax.

Joe's Detail
03-29-2006, 04:17 PM
sounds like a good idea. Where can i get a box like that?