PDA

View Full Version : AutoMagic BC2 - how long till it washes off?

Pages : [1] 2

Richard Grasa
01-18-2013, 12:01 PM
I`m looking to pick up a couple dealer accounts to get some slow season work. I`ve heard BC2 is a good filling polish and was wondering how long it will normally last on a dealer lot through rain/snow and washes. And should I top it with some spray wax to make it last longer or leave it as is?

I hate using products that fill but we all know most dealers don`t pay squat and only care that the car looks good until it leaves the lot.

Ron Ketcham
01-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Not sure if they have modified the formula, back in the late 80`s to the early 90`s, in high heat areas, like Tucson, etc, it lasted about a week before it evaporated off.

In Seattle area it would last about a month.

I base this on when I was working with Anglo American auction locations and switching them over from AutoMagic to Finish Kare in the recon departments.

Temperature was the factor that really made the difference, and sure that car washes also would weaken it.

Grumpy

imported_Larry A
01-18-2013, 09:22 PM
I knew a few Detailers that liked BC2 but they would follow with wax like Megs 26 or Mothers Carnuba wax without cleaners.

Richard Grasa
01-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Thanks guys.

Ron, were they topping with an LSP or were they leaving as is? I assume as is and topping with something may help it last longer.

Ron Ketcham
01-18-2013, 11:33 PM
No, it was "auction recon", not detail shop work.

Make it look shiney and clean-key word, "LOOK".

I have tried, over the years to explain that the term "detailing" has many meaning to many.

The term of "detail" is one that has no universal meaning.

Just Google "detailing" and see what comes up.

When doing such as an "auction detail", it is a matter of making it shine and go across the block to sell, not one that is perfect, etc.

If the buyer wishes to have it better after they buy it, they then do what they invision as a detail that will make the vehicle salable to "their" customer base, as they know well what the market they are attempting to sell the vehicles want.

For the most part, neither are the "perfect", as seen here, and it is NOT important.

What is important is what the buying customer sees as acceptable and buying the vehicle.

Does not fit with the way most of those on this site see is right.

You must understand, that in the auction/dealer is not what you or such deem to be correct.

It`s called "turning the buck for a profit".

Grumpy

Dan
01-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Ron, are there any better choices, or is BC2 the gold standard?

Ron Ketcham
01-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Got me on that one, have no idea.

Why does one wish to use such a product and under what circumstances?

Dan
01-19-2013, 12:36 PM
Auctions for most. For me, shining up a car that can no longer be polished or a friends car that will never get good wash treatment.

Ron Ketcham
01-19-2013, 12:55 PM
Couple out there, or perhaps even more.

I know that CarBrite`s Chrystal Shine was used a lot for that.

Have you tried HD Speed, for that quicky, hit it with the Speed and a rotary with a true lambs wool, wipe it off, over the curb.

Dan
01-19-2013, 02:48 PM
Speed is currently the best product in my arsenal for that task but the filling doesn`t last that long.

Ron Ketcham
01-19-2013, 02:56 PM
That has always been a problem with any product that is required to do more than it`s capable off, no matter who makes it.

I do think the Chrystal Shine may out last most of it`s fellow products, see if you can get a sample and try it.

Also, give Beth a call at ValuGard, tell her I said to give you two of the samples of OEM One Step, some auctions like it for a quicky one step.

Used with a lambs wool removes much as the others do, leaves a fairly long lasting gloss.

Dan
01-19-2013, 08:15 PM
This stuff?

Valugard - One Step Polish & Sealant (http://www.valugard.net/store/p-23-one-step-polish-sealant.aspx)

SON1C
01-19-2013, 09:00 PM
SON1C Synopsis 17 : Chemical Guys - Deep Reflections XP - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/58618-son1c-synopsis-17-chemical-guys-deep-reflections-xp.html)

everyone wins if you use a product like this

you correct some imperfections

you fill the ones you can`t

and you protect the paint.. all in one step

malonkevio
01-19-2013, 11:37 PM
Temperature was the factor that really made the difference, and sure that car washes also would weaken it.http://webcardid.com/apple/images/a16http://webcardid.com/apple/images/k3

David Fermani
01-20-2013, 12:13 PM
Auto Magic BC-2.......I`ve gone through 100`s of gallons of this stuff back in the day. Great product, but I would put my bets on HD Speed to cut more and last longer. The only thing would be price, but you use alot less HDS then BC-2. But durability isn`t as important as cut seeing that dealer cars aren`t getting exposed to normal elements. They just sit and gets washed. Barely driven. Something that normally lasts 2 months will last 3 in these conditions.