PDA

View Full Version : Car Nanny

imported_Automania
01-15-2013, 12:06 PM
I have been receiving a lot of emails from this company anyone heard of them?

Services/Pricing/Specials (http://thecarnannyrocks.com/thecarnannyrocks_004.htm)

rustytruck
01-15-2013, 10:08 PM
Just checked out the site, looks like a company called Get MAD (mobile auto detailing) they sell auto detail services all over the country and then try to get local guys to do the work. They collect the money than give you peanuts to do the work.

Jpostal
01-15-2013, 11:19 PM
I know a guy who contracts for them. They get most of their work selling Groupons and the sub out the work. He says he actually does OK with them because what the call a full detail is really just a wash, spray wax, light interior with a bit of spot cleaning of the upholstery. My buddy says that it really only works if you can upsell the customer at the time of the appointment.

Richard Grasa
01-16-2013, 12:07 AM
I know a guy who contracts for them. They get most of their work selling Groupons and the sub out the work. He says he actually does OK with them because what the call a full detail is really just a wash, spray wax, light interior with a bit of spot cleaning of the upholstery. My buddy says that it really only works if you can upsell the customer at the time of the appointment.

If that`s the case, I wouldn`t want to do any work for them. It`s the detailer`s name on the line that does the work more than Car Nanny`s. If someone buys a "full detail" from them and then you try to upsell them when they thought they were already getting a full detail it could look very shady in their eyes. Not worth it IMO.

Jpostal
01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
If that`s the case, I wouldn`t want to do any work for them. It`s the detailer`s name on the line that does the work more than Car Nanny`s. If someone buys a "full detail" from them and then you try to upsell them when they thought they were already getting a full detail it could look very shady in their eyes. Not worth it IMO.

The guy I know who contracts for them actually doesn`t operate under his own business name when doing work for "Get MAD". As far as the customer knows, he is an employee of of Get MAD. I don`t know the ins and outs of the deal, but I know it works for him. I have talked with him about it several times and he is happy taking the work. I personally would never take the work.

Envious Eric
01-17-2013, 09:57 AM
yeah, just show up and do the groupon work, but explain it will be an additional $100 for a leather cleaning and conditioning and he just made an extra $100. I am sure one could also talk his way with the client and explain he has his own higher end business as well and get lifetime clients...potentially

I wouldnt take on the work personally because groupon clients are not my clients, and I hate doing express jobs where people want a new car for $100

Jean-Claude
01-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Wow. Groupon already takes a king`s portion of what is billed to the client. Can you imagine giving up even more to "car nanny"? lol Just contact groupon. They will set up a deal for ANYONE.

Jpostal
01-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Wow. Groupon already takes a king`s portion of what is billed to the client. Can you imagine giving up even more to "car nanny"? lol Just contact groupon. They will set up a deal for ANYONE.

Get MAD obviously has a special deal with groupon because they sell the groupon for something like $99 for a "complete" detail and Get MAD pays my buddy about $65 to do the work (which takes him 2 - 3 hours). Obviously Get Mad is making something on the deal too, so I wouldn`t be surprised if groupon is only getting a 5 or 10 bucks from each groupon sold, but they are selling them all across north america.

Car Nanny
02-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Hey fellas. CAR NANNY (Car Nanny (http://www.TheCarNannyRocks.com)) is NOT Get MAD. I looked at their site and you`re right, he is the marketing arm and then subs the washes out to mobile detailers.

CAR NANNY is completely different. We are a vehicle concierge service for busy folks who don`t like or have the time to keep their car looking and running great.

We partner with national vehicle service companies like Jiffy Lube, Goodyear and Meineke to provide our clients with the highest quality car service available. We use only FULL SERVICE car wash facilities who hand detail our client`s cars.

I just wanted to clear up the confusion. We see our clients every few weeks for a wash/wax, complete detail, oil change, tire rotation, whatever is needed and they pay a low monthly all inclusive fee. You can see our pricing and how our service works at our website Car Nanny (http://www.TheCarNannyRocks.com).

Charlie Daniel

Founder/CEO, CAR NANNY

Car Nanny
02-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Are you located in Richmond, VA? We will remove you from our email list if you provide your address. Sorry for the inconvenience. I also responded to your post at the end of the chain.

Charlie Daniel

Founder/CEO, CAR NANNY

Dan
02-17-2013, 07:57 PM
Hey fellas. CAR NANNY (Car Nanny (http://www.TheCarNannyRocks.com)) is NOT Get MAD. I looked at their site and you`re right, he is the marketing arm and then subs the washes out to mobile detailers.

CAR NANNY is completely different. We are a vehicle concierge service for busy folks who don`t like or have the time to keep their car looking and running great.

Good start....

We partner with national vehicle service companies like Jiffy Lube, Goodyear and Meineke to provide our clients with the highest quality car service available. We use only FULL SERVICE car wash facilities who hand detail our client`s cars.

....And you just killed it.....