PDA

View Full Version : I want a shiny exhaust tip!

Greg Ayo
01-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering, I was taking a look at my exhaust tip and realized that it was all gunky and gross,I tried to get the spots off using steel wool, and no dice. I want a nice clean, shiny finish on it.

Is there any products that you could recommend to clean and polish it? to get rid of some of these black spots?

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s655/Greg_Ayo/IMG_0708_zpsa4575207.jpg

here`s a pic you can kind of see what im talking about

The exhaust tip right now is dusty and a bit dirty, but even when I clean it, and theres no dust or loose dirt on it, i can still see those big gunky things on it

togwt
01-12-2013, 03:47 PM
P21S Finish Restorer – for any metal with or without a clear coat that is faded, oxidized, water marked, burnt, and dirty or has a build-up of brake dust. This metal polishes deep cleansing formula helps release some of the most difficult build ups. Even on surfaces that look brand new you`ll be amazed at how this polish works beneath the surface and removes hard to see contamination.

Clean the surface using P21S Polishing Soap and then proceed with the Finish Restorer. For really tough stains apply the polish and a White Scotch-Brite™ pad. It is very important to clean as you go.

Residual polish should be removed from around rivet or screw heads and from seams as the polishing project progresses. If it dries on it is very difficult to remove. One way to do this is to use a solvent to wipe the surface. The best solvent I have found is isopropyl alcohol (IPA) or mineral spirits as they evaporates slowly and generates fewer toxic fumes. Best method is to use a micro fibre towel to wipe the solvent off and dry the surface

mbs431
01-14-2013, 09:21 AM
I`m surprised the steel wool didn`t do anything. That`s usually my last resort. Maybe try the steel wool with some metal polish or a heavy duty gp cleaner.