PDA

View Full Version : Griots Polishes

jw
01-06-2013, 10:19 AM
What are people`s opinions on Griots machine polishes for use with Random Oribitals? I used these over 10 years ago and found they were fairly hard to remove, has this changed? I was thinking of trying them again, thoughts?

Accumulator
01-06-2013, 12:37 PM
jw- I`ve used them more recently than that, but I too wonder if they`ve changed any since my last try :nixweiss

But basically....my take on it is "why bother with `em?". There are so many products out these days that are simply *better* by any measure that, much as I do like supporting Richard, I can`t think of any reason to use GG MPs. Mine are just gonna sit on the shelf until I decide I`m tired of looking at `em and then they`ll go in the trash.

I *will* say that with a more powerful machine than the original PC, GG MP will work better than they did with that unit. With today`s polishers they`ll actually do correction. But then, so will most anything.

Eh, IMO whatever you`re after- serious/moderate/minor correction, ease-of-use, finish, whatever it is... there`s some product from somebody else that I`d rather use.

Now if they *have* reformulated them, and somebody who`s used a newer version wants to correct me, I`m all ears. But even then, I`d like to hear about a side-by-side comparison with stuff from 3D/HD, Menzerna, etc.

jw
01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
I didn`t realize they beefed up the polishers. I`m still using my original Porter Cable when I do polish.

Accumulator
01-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I didn`t realize they beefed up the polishers. I`m still using my original Porter Cable when I do polish.

Then I`d *absolutely* go with a different product line. No question. GG MPs + the original PC = frustration compared to other approaches.