PDA

View Full Version : CarBrite vs Auto Magic

Pages : [1] 2

Shane.belzers
12-30-2012, 11:45 PM
Anybody here use either. I have used both the shop I just started running uses carbrite and im looking to go back to automagic. Just wanna have a general discussion about any products you like from either company :D

Any thoughts

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

IHA Mark
12-31-2012, 10:07 AM
I used to use Carbrite when I worked at a dealer many, many years ago. They are mediocre products that have not been overhauled in decades. Most of their paint correction products are stuffed with fillers. I feel like they are REALLY behind the curve and would recommend you use products from Optimum, 3D, or Meguiar`s. Automagic might be decent stuff but I have never used it myself, so do not want to comment.

Shane.belzers
12-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks. Thats kinda how i feel about car brite. Auto magic has some goodies and for me we are so high volume i need more cost effective chemicals. Ill deff check into those other companies in my area ..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

the other pc
12-31-2012, 08:17 PM
... we are so high volume i need more cost effective chemicals....

Be very, very clear on what cost effectiveness really means.

Some will only read that as "cheapest."

Detailing chemicals are professional tools. And any professional tool user will tell you that the cheapest tools usually end up costing you the most.

If a product costs you half as much to buy a gallon but you use three times as much on a given job, take twice as long to complete it and produces lesser results, it`s costing you big time.

Try different products, train your crew to use them correctly, see how they work, and do the math.

And, build a relationship with a solid supplier, one who`ll deliver what you need, when you need it, without causing you any lost time energy or sleep.

pc

IHA Mark
12-31-2012, 10:52 PM
Be very, very clear on what cost effectiveness really means.

Some will only read that as "cheapest."

Detailing chemicals are professional tools. And any professional tool user will tell you that the cheapest tools usually end up costing you the most.

If a product costs you half as much to buy a gallon but you use three times as much on a given job, take twice as long to complete it and produces lesser results, it`s costing you big time.

Try different products, train your crew to use them correctly, see how they work, and do the math.

And, build a relationship with a solid supplier, one who`ll deliver what you need, when you need it, without causing you any lost time energy or sleep.

pc

This is great advice, and a lot of the reason why I use so much of HD`s products. I have yet to find compounds, polishes, and AIO`s that go as far. I still have almost half of a 32. oz of SPEED, and I used Speed a lot all summer long.

David Fermani
01-01-2013, 12:12 PM
What state are you in Shane??

What can sometimes matter more then just the cost of the product or how good it is, is the service you receive from the distributor. How often they come by, what training they offer your company can sometimes outweigh other aspects.

I`ve used alot of Auto Magic as well as Carbrite (and Ardex), but neither (looking back and now) offer any products that are cutting edge or industry leading. Based more in the 1990`s quality then anything. If there is a specific question you have about a product let us know.

Their lines are extremely overcomplicated from the standpoint of too many cleaners, dressings and polishes. Many do the same thing.

Shane.belzers
01-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Im in Mn and i will agree with you on the fact both companies carry to many dang products. Cost effective isnt just cheapest but i guess the product that gets the job done best in the most timly manner... because your right, even if i save money on a apc but it takes longer to get results then im back where i started.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

imported_PiPUK
01-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Their lines are extremely overcomplicated from the standpoint of too many cleaners, dressings and polishes. Many do the same thing.

An argument one could level at several suppliers!

Shane.belzers
01-02-2013, 11:00 AM
My local auto magic distributer also now carries the full stinger line. Any thoughts on those products?

Jpostal
01-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Do you have a Pro distributor in your area? The Red Devil degreaser is awwwweeeesommeee mixed at 5:1 (their green nitro, however; blows). I also like one of their acid wheel cleaners, the non-acid "Wheelieclean", and the interior cleaner (C34?).

David Fermani
01-02-2013, 10:49 PM
Auto Magic has:

8 Polishes

4 Compounds

9 Degreasers/Cleaners (liquid)

13 Dressings

There`s way too much overlap. And Carbrite & Ardex is the same.

Don`t know anything about the Stinger line. I thought Enterprise Rent A Car was using that line a while back?

Shane.belzers
01-02-2013, 10:55 PM
Agreed way to many items, dont think i have a pro distributer in my area? The 3D products are not to expensive for 5 gallons. Dont know how much shipping is. Gunna get some auto magic in here and see how my guys work with it, might carry some higher end stuff like 3D HD for waxing polishing and prep etc...

Aside from say my car soap, APC, window cleaners the basics what are some other goodies i can look at from say 3D or optimum like waxes and polishes or a a killer dressing for tires or engines etc...

Jpostal
01-02-2013, 11:05 PM
If your interested in any of the PRO line their website is prowax.com.

You really cant go wrong with some of the HD polishes and waxes. I haven`t used any of the newer stuff, but I like UNO because it does not dust and is pad dependent (use a firmer pad for heaver polishing/softer pad for finishing). I`m itching to try out Speed but will need to wait till I can place a bigger order because no Canadian distributors yet. (Hmmmmm....maybe I should become the master distributor????)

David Fermani
01-02-2013, 11:08 PM
What kind of shop do you have (wholesale/retail) and what is your clientel demographics?

Suggestions:

HD CUT / UNO / POLISH / SPEED (polish & poxy combo mix) / POXY

3D Ultra Protectant is great on tires & engines. Very diluteable. If you`re familiar with Auto Magic Super Dress-It....times its performance by (X) 3.

Citrus Degreaser is very nice too.

12 tiny drops of POXY is enough to seal an entire average sized car.

Shane.belzers
01-02-2013, 11:14 PM
The UNO looks awesome! Probably have to look into ordering some. I know automagic has a product like that which is a synthetic polish or compound called XP pro or whatever which basically self breaks down kinda like the UNO and cleans itself up real nice. Supposed to start with maybe a 1200 cut and end up with a finish polish?

Its called XP Magic Cut and is a compound and polish in one costs 110 ish a gallon so deff worth looking into UNO

Thanks for all the info guys.