PDA

View Full Version : GTechniq G1 or Wolf`s Chemicals Glass Guard?

WRXINXS
12-28-2012, 10:16 AM
I have been reading alot about GTechniq G1 and Wolf`s Glass Guard and cannot make a decision. From what I have read the G1 lasts longer on the wiped areas but Glass Guard is still fairly long lasting and you get alot more quantity so you could just reapply. Also I could do many cars with the Glass Guard but really only one with G1. Also, it seems that prep for G1 would be more involved as Gtechniq recommends polishing the glass while the demo video for Wolf`s Glass Guard says no polishing is really needed and that the Glass Guard actually contains some cleaning properties. I have also heard that Optimum is coming out with a new coating for glass soon so that makes me wonder if I should just wait for that. Any advise to help me chose between G1 or Glass Guard is welcome.

Drew

Thomas Dekany
12-28-2012, 03:54 PM
I am waiting for Optimum to release their version before I place an order for any of them.

JSFM35X
12-28-2012, 06:28 PM
I have used the G1 kit and I polished the glass prior because it was in rough shape. Worked great. That car was flooded but over the few months it was great. I installed new wipers after the polish and application of G1. Prep was no big deal. I liked it better than aqua pel and rainx I had used previously.