PDA

View Full Version : nylon brush or pad spur

joe.p
03-28-2006, 03:36 PM
which one do use to clean your foam pads?

BLUELINE 1
03-28-2006, 03:37 PM
I use a nylon brush.

joyriide1113
03-28-2006, 03:41 PM
I bought a yellow nylon brush from Dwayne. The bristles were so hard, that using it to clean my pads, at even 600rpms, completely chewed up the pad. Buy yourself a stiff bristled denture brush. A lotr easier on the rotory, even at 1200rpms and cleans just as well.

joe.p
03-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Blueline, any nylon brush or one made to clean your pads. How and when do you use it.

I use a nylon brush.

CharlesW
03-28-2006, 04:09 PM
A nylon fingernail/hand brush about 3" long and 3/4" wide.
Works fine, cheap, readily available at Wal*Mart, Target, Walgreen Drug.
FWIW, I don`t brush pads while the PC is running. I just make a few passes across the pad with the brush to remove any dried product before using it. I use just enough pressure to remove the dried product.
I don`t think I have ever needed to brush a pad while I was using it.

Charles

joe.p
03-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Thanks for answering my questions .The answer would be any nylon brush will work.

FWIW, I don`t brush pads while the PC is running. I just make a few passes across the pad with the brush to remove any dried product before using it. I use just enough pressure to remove the dried product.

joyride
I bought a yellow nylon brush from Dwayne. The bristles were so hard, that using it to clean my pads, at even 600rpms, completely chewed up the pad. Buy yourself a stiff bristled denture brush. A lotr easier on the rotory, even at 1200rpms and cleans just as well.[/QOUTE] Thank You, glad you mention this.

97F1504x4
03-28-2006, 06:05 PM

Charles

That is all i do with the brush i have also. It is the Yellow one all the Sponsors sell. I do not turn the PC and use it. Works great for removing cacked on dry product.

RIchard

joyriide1113
03-28-2006, 08:44 PM
Wait a minute. Not trying to Hi-Jack but are you supposed to have the machine on when using the brush?

I always thought it was suposed to be spinning, but I see you guys having good results with the machine off.

97F1504x4
03-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Wait a minute. Not trying to Hi-Jack but are you supposed to have the machine on when using the brush?

I always thought it was suposed to be spinning, but I see you guys having good results with the machine off.

I`m scared to turn it on for this. It is easy enough to simply use the brush without tyhe PC being on.

RIchard

BLUELINE 1
03-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Just a cheap nylon brush, and I use it with the machine off. I check the pad after each panel and if there is any product build up I use the brush.