PDA

View Full Version : ONR as a waterless wash

jmsc
12-22-2012, 07:52 PM
I have ONR V1-2-3 but it does not state a dilution ratio on the labels.

Q1: Has anyone used it as a WW?

Q2: If you have what dilution are you using?

Q3: Does it work well as a TFR (traffic film remover/grime remover)?

Q4: Looking for something to use on grime after a power wash. Any other recommendations?

Scottwax
12-22-2012, 08:20 PM
1. I`ve used it as a QD and glass cleaner. It has enough cleaning ability you can probably use it as a waterless wash (I`ve used it that way on my road bike) but I can wash a car about as fast with ONR as I can spray something on, spread and wipe it off so it seems pointless to me to wash something as large as a car that way.

2. 1 oz per 32 ounces is what I use it at for QD and glass cleaner.

3. You mean for just general dirt from driving during the week? Of the film that builds up when driving in the rain? If it has been dry all week, I`m sure you`d be fine but if you drive in the rain its probably best to use ONR as intended, as a rinseless wash so you have the added water to help lift and flush the dirt.

4. As in just spraying off dirt without using soap? Again it seems to me there would still be enough dirt left behind its best to use ONR as a rinseless wash.

Optimum does have Opti-Clean which is a dedicated waterless wash. That`s probably the best route if you want to use a waterless wash. My personal thoughts on waterless washes are that they do work and they are pretty fast. However, for me, I can wash a car so fast with ONR I prefer to do that.

IHA Mark
12-22-2012, 08:38 PM
I can do a rinseless wash without scratching or swirling with no problem, a waterless wash... not so much. Maybe you have a better technique, but it seems that "loosening" the dirt before removing it is a much safer route.

As Scott said, the amount of time spent is just about the same anyway.

imported_WCD
12-22-2012, 09:16 PM
I use ONR or the new ONRwithWax on every job. I use a pump sprayer ($10 at Sears) and premix with distilled water. I spray a section of the car, then using my towel in a ONR bucket, squeeze out almost all the ONR and gently wipe in one direction- when I`m done, flip towel and go over. I can do one side of a car pretty quickly this way. I then spray TechShine over wet car and dry with WW towel.

Getting great results.

Rob

adeptauto
03-18-2013, 04:21 PM
... I then spray TechShine over wet car and dry with WW towel.

what ratio do you use to spray it? could you add it to the ONRWW solution and do it all at once?

shortspark
03-18-2013, 04:38 PM
I use ONR or the new ONRwithWax on every job. I use a pump sprayer ($10 at Sears) and premix with distilled water. I spray a section of the car, then using my towel in a ONR bucket, squeeze out almost all the ONR and gently wipe in one direction- when I`m done, flip towel and go over. I can do one side of a car pretty quickly this way. I then spray TechShine over wet car and dry with WW towel.

Getting great results.

Rob

I`ve always wondered about squeezing out most of the ONR from the microfiber towel before washing the panel. The other day I used ONR on my car and I did it like Gary Dean, filling a pail with rinseless solution and putting in about 10 towels, using one at a time per section and then discarding that towel before going to the next panel with a new towel. I did not wring out the towel as you described. Instead, I took it out of the bucket soaking wet and started from the top of the panel down. It seemed easier that way because the towel was loaded with solution and it still picked up plenty of dirt without pressing hard. I would think that the more soaked the towel is the better but I could be missing something. Except for saving solution, what benefit do you find from squeezing most of the ONR from the towel?