PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys been holding secrets on paint correction from me??

imported_Quenga
12-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Hey, I`m no guru...but if you guys have been with holding this kind of info from me, I`m gonna be a little upset...

http://youtu.be/xMtFVjkwgRM

Whatever works I guess! I love the quotes:

"anyone can do it, as long as you have the right stuff." :dizzy:

and then...

"I went over the area with this polish/glaze stuff just to make it look nicer -- to trick you into thinking I did a better job than I actually did...heh heh." :wink1:

Perfections
12-12-2012, 06:38 PM
I`m glad you liked my video! Steel wool > then regular wool pads all day! I`ll have to link my advanced class where you glue the steel wool to a foam pad, pop that bad boy on a rotary and go to town.

David Fermani
12-12-2012, 06:48 PM
OMG........Say bye bye to paint.

2:12 minute mark is utter rediculousness

Nth Degree
12-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Failed clear coat? No problem. Just get rid of the clear coat... problem solved. I could have done the whole car in 2 minutes... with a blow torche.

derek37
12-12-2012, 11:47 PM
In this day and age of unlimited information, it still surprises me the things people do. Unbelievable.

imported_Quenga
12-13-2012, 12:41 PM
That`s what I don`t get. You have access to the very site that you`re posting on, which is where I`ve learned 1/2 of what I know (Autopia being the 2nd half), and yet...

Yikes.

CosminTX
12-13-2012, 04:31 PM
can`t wait to see his first job with the rotary buffer , rejuvenator , polish glaze and some steel wool for extra shine under title : "DIY restoration with 30$+buffer "

AndrewBigA
12-13-2012, 07:15 PM
i laughed a few times but its just sad. the things some people come up with get better & better. #0000 steel wool on paint? whats next?

Brad B
12-13-2012, 07:32 PM
"It`s just not steel wool, it`s SUPER FINE steel wool."

That makes it better. :)

CosminTX
12-13-2012, 07:44 PM
"It`s just not steel wool, it`s SUPER FINE steel wool."

That makes it better. :)

i laughed a few times but its just sad. the things some people come up with get better & better. #0000 steel wool on paint? whats next?

he will attach the steel wool to his foam pad and will call it steel wool foam pad to remove oxidation :)))

Concours.John
12-13-2012, 08:31 PM
I don`t think a buffer will give good results. It has to be a dry thick silk screened shirt. Sometimes I think people`s Google is broken.

ReflectionsADS
12-13-2012, 08:42 PM
Ok, so I`m still trying to figure this whole thing out.... "super fine steel wool" used "only on the oxidized paint" does not work?

Well what have I been doing for all these years?!

Back to the drawing board I guess...

Envious Eric
12-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Removing Oxidation from paint - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POR2_DiZY6s)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh wait....this is actually really sad :nixweiss

Concours.John
12-17-2012, 09:57 PM
Removing Oxidation from paint - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POR2_DiZY6s)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh wait....this is actually really sad :nixweiss

OMG!! What did I just see.:wow::jaw:

I don`t know who suffered more, the Makita or the paint.