PDA

View Full Version : recommend a new drying towel

JMV
12-09-2012, 07:35 PM
I used to use the blue waffle weaves from exceldetail, but apparently that website is no more. Any recommendations on a new waffle weave that is safe for my paint? If it might be locally available that would be a plus, if not just throw up a link.

Thanks,

Jason

pwaug
12-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Jason--I`ve been using the WW MF from neatitems.com for over 10 years and it`s been great--soft, no marring and durable. Recently I`ve purchased some towel from MicrofiberTech, although not WW all have been of very high quality and you can`t beat the pricing.

Paul Sparks
12-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I got my blue ww drying towels from Robert Regan at TowelPros . Rob is a sponsor and member (WCD) on here and the drying towels are huge and work great.

imported_Bence
12-12-2012, 11:45 AM
What happened to Patrick?

kakeuter
12-12-2012, 12:21 PM
Uber Super Drying Towel from detailersdomain.com........period.

-Kody-

Accumulator
12-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Most of my drying towels are WWs from PakShake (their "ultra soft" ones) or Sonus (same towel, different color). Very soft (certainly soft enough to not mar paint) and they soak up water very well, at least until they don`t (IME all WWs eventually become less effective).

Link: Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing, Auto Detailing Supplies, Auto Detailing Equipment, Auto Detailing Products, & Auto Detailing Accessories for all your Automobile Detailing (http://www.pakshak.com/index.html)

My WWs from microfibertech.com are good too, but the exposed stitching/edges means you have to be more careful with those.

I have some plush MF drying towels from Walmart that Tom P turned me on to...they are very good for jobs where I want a plush towel instead of a WW, but they lint too much for me to use them as overall drying towels (don`t think Tom experienced that though :think: ).

kakeuter- What`s so nice about the Uber Super Drying Towel from Detailers Domain?

Legacy
12-13-2012, 01:46 PM
[quote name=`Accumulator`]Most of my drying towels are WWs from PakShake (their "ultra soft" ones) or Sonus (same towel, different color). Very soft (certainly soft enough to not mar paint) and they soak up water very well, at least until they don`t (IME all WWs eventually become less effective).

Link: Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing, Auto Detailing Supplies, Auto Detailing Equipment, Auto Detailing Products, & Auto Detailing Accessories for all your Automobile Detailing (http://www.pakshak.com/index.html):rockon1:

imported_Quenga
12-13-2012, 02:08 PM
I don`t like the plush microfiber towels for drying. They work better than some towels, but WW is by far the best I`ve ever used. I cannot remember where I got mine, probably AG. But I`ve had it for 2-3 years and haven`t used anything else. I need to get another one though and I`m thinking about trying out the ones from Rob at TowelPros. I got my Speedy Prep Towel and Polishing Towels from him and both the product and his customer service is GREAT.

Accumulator
12-13-2012, 02:33 PM
I don`t like the plush microfiber towels for drying..

I generally don`t like plush MFs for drying either. While the Walmart ones do soak up water better than other plush ones that I`ve tried, I generally reserve them for jobs where there might be a little residual dirt..my thinking being that perhaps they`ll give an added margin of safety compared to WWs.

kakeuter
12-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Most of my drying towels are WWs from PakShake (their "ultra soft" ones) or Sonus (same towel, different color). Very soft (certainly soft enough to not mar paint) and they soak up water very well, at least until they don`t (IME all WWs eventually become less effective).

Link: Aloha & Welcome to Our Oasis for All Your Auto Detailing, Auto Detailing Supplies, Auto Detailing Equipment, Auto Detailing Products, & Auto Detailing Accessories for all your Automobile Detailing (http://www.pakshak.com/index.html)

My WWs from microfibertech.com are good too, but the exposed stitching/edges means you have to be more careful with those.

I have some plush MF drying towels from Walmart that Tom P turned me on to...they are very good for jobs where I want a plush towel instead of a WW, but they lint too much for me to use them as overall drying towels (don`t think Tom experienced that though :think: ).

kakeuter- What`s so nice about the Uber Super Drying Towel from Detailers Domain?

It`s ability to absorb so much water is what I FEEL is so nice about it. Won`t mar the paint and is one of the best towels for those that like to "blot" the paint dry. Yes, it`s super plush, but wash it a couple times before use and done. The towel can hold almost 2.5 gallons of water, so I can use it to dry more than one car.

Accumulator
12-14-2012, 12:40 PM
kakeuter- Thanks for explaining, that towel had completely slipped under my radar. Sounds good, especially with it being effective for blotting, which not all drying towels can do.