PDA

View Full Version : Can Optimum car wax replace regular spray wax?

dfoxengr
12-04-2012, 08:18 AM
I`m basically wondering about the consistency of the product. I use spray wax for quick touch ups, around emblems, etc. I wanted something that`s going to hold up as well as my main LSP on the cars, which Meg`s regular red bottle spray wax won`t do.

So can Optimum fill the gap?

Richard Grasa
12-04-2012, 08:45 AM
OCW is a superior spray wax and the only spray wax I`ve used that I would consider a stand alone product for durability. It will blow any store bought spray wax out of the water. It`s prob not going to last as long as something like Collinite, or a good sealant, but yeah, it`s good stuff.

You may also want to check out Reload from CarPro-US. I`ve not tried it yet, but have heard great things about it.

imported_WCD
12-04-2012, 09:50 AM
I would bet money that OPT Car Wax will outlast whatever spray wax you are using. I use it on my every 2 week customers` cars. It holds very, very well. I am getting the new ONR version this week- car wax mixed in. This is going to speed up those visits. Looking forward to the new ONR!!!

TIP: I spray the wax on before drying and dry at once...sometimes I mix a little gloss spray in the bottle. :)

Rob

Dan
12-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Megs red bottle spray wax? The stuff you have to buff off? That crap is trash compared to OCW. I`m a Megs fan and can`t believe they still sell that stuff.

E-Jag
12-04-2012, 12:33 PM
I`ve found Aquawax to be pretty durable, more so than some lsp`s (hello, Nattys).

Scottwax
12-04-2012, 04:27 PM
OCW is definitely not the run of the mill spray wax. Not only is it decently durable (2-3 months, maybe more in a drier climate) but I`d put the looks up against any other LSP I`ve used.

RobD
12-04-2012, 05:29 PM
I use OCW quite a bit. I like the ease-of-use and the good looks, durability seems good, too (that said, I reapply often because it`s so easy). I just wish the beading was a little better, if only for the cool-factor...nice, tight little beads would make it tops, IMO.

Legacy
12-04-2012, 05:56 PM
My go to spray wax. The only spray wax with a patented UV protector.

umi000
12-05-2012, 05:53 AM
Corey did a nice comparison/review (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/32288-review-meguiars-ultimate-quik-wax.html) of OCW, UQW, DG AW and Pinnacle Souveran SW. He provided regular updates on durability, including this one at the two-month mark: 2 MONTH UPDATE (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/32288-review-meguiars-ultimate-quik-wax-5.html#post445485)

YouTube - 2 Month Update Spray Waxes

Megs red bottle spray wax? The stuff you have to buff off? That crap is trash compared to OCW. I`m a Megs fan and can`t believe they still sell that stuff.

I think they changed the formula this year - you no longer need to buff it off :D

dfoxengr
12-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Even my old bottle of red wasn`t difficult to remove...hmm

Either way, it`s just used for emblems and cracks. But with OCW maybe I`ll find more uses for quick waxes.