PDA

View Full Version : Giving the customer more than they paid for?

imported_Quenga
11-28-2012, 02:29 AM
I am self-trained and have never even met another detailer, let alone been trained in the business side. I study other detailers as much as I study the "craft". I don`t do full corrections, or rather I haven`t had too many. I do mostly 1 stage polish jobs for about $150ish. I see a lot of guys using just a polish/finishing polish on 1 stages. I personally use D300 if they are paying separately for a wax or sealant. I get great results in correction and even finish. The best gloss? My customers love it, thats what matters to me.

D300/MF pad is my go to combo. My question is, am I giving away correction?

I am about to buy a gallon of my next choice for a one stage. Comparing prices, for smaller sizes and I like HD Polish and its only a few bucks more expensive. But gallon size...D300 is cheaper by $40!

My philosophy is that its techinally cheaper and I can offer more for the same amount of time.

Also, I am going to get the Rupes for its speed. Now that I should be able to offer even more for less time...should I raise my rates?

PS... I plan on sticking with my combo and using the Rupes for no additional cost, but I`m wondering what your opinions are.

bryan
11-28-2012, 10:16 AM
If you are going to do more in less time, keep your rates the same and earn more. The rupes has me wondering if I should go back to doing per car pricing. One step correction starting at $350 ect. Because I seem to working faster the rupes would be costing me money, as I am now achieving the same results in less time. i figure its an expertise thing, and I believe I should be compenated somehow for pursuing excellence, so I will be making about the industry average for good detailing but in less time than the other guys, so it equates to more in my pocket book.