PDA

View Full Version : Hey old fart

Barry Theal
11-26-2012, 09:07 PM
http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww94/presidentialdetails/20121126_093117.jpg

Look what I found.

David Fermani
11-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Do you really think he would use that on his paint??? Geesh...

Accumulator
11-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Heh heh, isn`t is something that we know who Barry`s talking to with that "Hey Old Fart"?!?

(Note that I`m only 52!)

Barry Theal- Hey, that does look OK...not too much adhesive residue at the base of the bristles either (the excess glue can crack off and cause terrible marring). BUT..will it pass the CD-test? :confused:

I just ordered a pair of Universal Brush`s "Blonde" ones (link: Universal Brush (http://www.universalbrush.com/shop01/) ) but I`m always interested in which BHBs are good.

You gonna buy one of those? Lemme know...

David Fermani- Hey, you can`t tell about BHBs by looking at `em! My old one from Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories (must be 20 years old..) still *looks* like the most gentle thing you can imagine, but it`s worn down just enough that it`ll mar. But my Montana from AutoGeek looks like a nasty scratch-machine yet works just fine!

Ron Ketcham
11-27-2012, 12:57 PM
For trucks, buses, boats, use the one`s with "flayed" bristles. They don`t mar near as much.

Use one on a nice car, don`t think so, but they do have their uses.

Next to impossible these days to get a boar`s bristle without a 2nd mortgage on the homestead.

Grumpy

Accumulator
11-27-2012, 01:44 PM
For trucks, buses, boats, use the one`s with "flayed" bristles. They don`t mar near as much...

The flagged/flayed/split bristle tips are crucial! When they wear down (as with my BHMA brush) then the marring begins. Gotta CD-test regularly to catch it before it becomes a problem.

Use one on a nice car, don`t think so...

I use `em for the initial passes on all my vehicles, to "get the big stuff off", safely. Absolutely zero marring. NONE. Not in any lighting and I do use magnification. Well, not any marring from the brush in-and-of itself...sooner or later some little bit of dirt...well, you know- "marring happens".

The only downside is that when the right BHB (i.e., one that`s soft enough for me) is used properly (constant lubrication and flushing from the foamgun), it`s *SO* gentle that it barely even gets contamination off. Gotta do several passes with it and then follow up with a mitt (using increased contact pressure).

Short of using a pressure washer (which I can`t feasibly do for various reasons), a good BHB is, IME/IMO, the safest thing going. And I can assure everyone that I`m as fanatical about wash-induced marring as one can get ;)

...but they do have their uses...

Ones that I wouldn`t use on my hood work OK for wheel wells, undercarriages, calipers, and some wheels (more delicate wheels get BHBs that`re just as gentle as my "good ones", which are a huge PIA to use because they`re so gentle and the wheels get so nasty).

Ones that *might* be OK for regular use (but are borderline) are handy for tight spots in doorjambs. Safer than a swab because swabs tend to press dirt against the paint a bit too firmly.

..Next to impossible these days to get a boar`s bristle without a 2nd mortgage on the homestead...

Eh, they`re not all *that* pricey, but I guess that`s subjective. Not having to polish out wash-induced marring for many years at a stretch is priceless to Yours Truly :D Seems like the prices have`t gone up all that much since the `80s...back then I thought they were awfully expensive.

imported_rydawg
03-27-2013, 06:09 AM

Look what I found.

Hey Barry, you still loving this brush?

:Banane20::Banane20:

Accumulator
03-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Hey Barry, you still loving this brush?

I dunno if he ever actually bought one :think: :nixweiss

He was wondering if I`d like it, but I bought the "blonde" one from Universal.

RaskyR1
03-27-2013, 11:26 AM
Barry, is that what you use the brush your horses....for your buggy? :pound:

imported_rydawg
03-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Barry, is that what you use the brush your horses....for your buggy? :pound:

Hey Rasky! I forgot all about Barrys horse and buggy.:llama:

Poor horse...:deadhorse: didnt like the brush..:yo:

imported_WhyteWizard
03-27-2013, 06:55 PM

Look what I found.

I was hoping it was a lost machine.

Robert

Accumulator
03-28-2013, 11:14 AM
I was hoping it was a lost machine.

Actually, IMO it kinda is! Good BHBs are kinda tough to find these days, whereas crappy ones are pretty common.