PDA

View Full Version : 3d blue magic vs. bare bones?

cobraa
11-25-2012, 12:22 AM
Which one would you use? are they similar ? Thanks!

David Fermani
11-25-2012, 07:46 AM
My educated guess is that they are very similar. Both are solvent based dressings. I, however, do not recommend using it on the undercarriage of your vehicle as it will attract dust and resoiling. Fine for tires, wheel wells and misc trim, but not on something that you want getting resoiled by dust/debris when these items especially are not quickly/easily cleaned. I would ultimately compare price which from my brief internet search found 3D`s quite a bit cheaper. $18.95 for 16oz (CG) vs $10.99 for 24oz (3D) most likely because they are the manufacturer, not the reseller.

Any reason why you`re interested in these products over say a water based dressing that is more versatile??

cobraa
11-25-2012, 09:52 AM
My educated guess is that they are very similar. Both are solvent based dressings. I, however, do not recommend using it on the undercarriage of your vehicle as it will attract dust and resoiling. Fine for tires, wheel wells and misc trim, but not on something that you want getting resoiled by dust/debris when these items especially are not quickly/easily cleaned. I would ultimately compare price which from my brief internet search found 3D`s quite a bit cheaper. $18.95 for 16oz (CG) vs $10.99 for 24oz (3D) most likely because they are the manufacturer, not the reseller.

Any reason why you`re interested in these products over say a water based dressing that is more versatile??

Hello David,

I wanted to buy this to enhance my undercarriage just like you said. I thought these products laste longer than their water-based that I already use for tires and stuff.

This feature also prevents from attracting dust because it does not leave a sticky surface. Formulated from non-aromatic solvents; Magic Blue has a pleasant watermelon scent

I planned to buy a 5 gallons of this stuff along with 1 gallon of protectant thick version.

David Fermani
11-25-2012, 10:48 AM
I`ll get some clarification about this and let you know more about this specific use. I personally love their Ultra Protectant. It`s been a while since I dabbled in undercarriage dressing.

David Fermani
11-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Spoke to Tunch about this today actually. The use of this product will/can depend on a few different factors. What are you spraying it on exactly? Wheel wells would be fine, but it`s not recommended on or near anything that can enduce spark such as engines and/or exhaust, so this may not be something that is good to use on the entire undercarriage of your vehicle. I would use a water based dressing such as Ultra Protectant. Also, because it`s a solvent based product, it will be more durable, but a bit more difficult to clean off when needed. Because Ultra Protectant uses a water as it`s carrier, it will rinse away/flush from the surface easier. It`s also very concentrated and you can alter the shine/look. I usually spray it on the wheels/tires/wheel wells immediately after my final rinse. It gives it a chance to mix with the water that is on the surface and plate out a touch. You can then reapply to the tires as needed to bump up the gloss or wipe them a touch to give them a more satin look.