PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had to make a claim on their business insurance for detailing?

Nth Degree
11-18-2012, 01:02 AM
Another thread made me wonder; has anyone had, or know someone who has had a claim on their insurance for detailing? I know there are a lot of weekend warriors and other sort of part timers who go without. I figure it might be a good opportunity to warn them of the risks they are taking and what can actually happen. In the wake of Hurricane Sandy I figure there might be a few who have a recent experience that they can share.

IHA Mark
11-18-2012, 10:00 AM
I never have. Won`t be a big deal if I ever have to though, I use a really great company for insurance.

Barry Theal
11-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Not Yet......

David Fermani
11-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Rule of thumb......

Don`t make a claim unless you REALLY need to. I would suggest that the damage needs to be 3 or 4 times (atleast) your deductible for it to be worth it in the big end. When your rates go up, they don`t go back down unless you switch companies, but the claim is still on your record.

Jean-Claude
11-18-2012, 07:07 PM
I live by insurance is for accidents you truly can not afford.

Rule of thumb......

Don`t make a claim unless you REALLY need to. I would suggest that the damage needs to be 3 or 4 times (atleast) your deductible for it to be worth it in the big end. When your rates go up, they don`t go back down unless you switch companies, but the claim is still on your record.

Ron Ketcham
11-18-2012, 07:22 PM
David, Jean, I could not agree more.

I hope that every professional detailer reads your true and honest advice and remembers it should the situation may come up.

Grumpy

safetyman2010
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Rule of thumb......

Pretty much. We have a $1000 deductible and wouldn`t even dream of making a claim unless it was for minimum $3k-$5k. Insurance isn`t for minor incidents

rustytruck
11-20-2012, 08:46 PM
I have not had to make a claim. It is my understanding that your policy adjusts each year based on your payroll and on your sales figures. It is not directly tied to claims like an auto policy. I pick up customer cars all the time so insurance is a must.

tssdetailing
11-24-2012, 10:15 PM
yes. that`s what insurance is for. It lit up my premium too.