PDA

View Full Version : Speedy Prep Towel Grooves

shadow85
11-16-2012, 10:01 AM
I wonder if anyone has finally worn out a Speedy Prep Towel. I see the towel has grooves on the rubber part. Anyone know if this is suppose to be a gauge to tell when the towel is shot?

IHA Mark
11-16-2012, 11:16 PM
I would like to know this as well, anyone know the general amount of vehicles that can be done with one towel?

imported_WCD
11-17-2012, 12:23 AM
Up to 100 if treated correctly. I am on about 30 and surface still feels the same..looks as well. About every 4 cars I brush with APC or ONR and rinse. I keep it open at all times when not in use.

imported_ww2717
11-17-2012, 11:35 AM
You might want to check with Gary Dean about what happened to his speedy prep towel when he used apc on it .

Junebug
11-18-2012, 08:35 PM
I got one and tried it side by side with my gold standard-Clay Magic Blue. The car was covered with overspray. The clay bar worked like a champ, the towel did not and marred the sh1t out of the paint.

David Fermani
11-18-2012, 08:45 PM
I`ve been seeing marring with mine too, but mostly attributed to soft paint I think because clay was marring too. They seemed to cut though and rather quickly for basic contaminants.

Junebug
11-19-2012, 09:05 AM
That`s the thing, the clay was fine, but I could see cordoroy like places in the paint where the towel went. The clay areas were fine. I used a ton of clay lube and rinsed often. Clay might be slower, but in the long run, you come out ahead. The car? I have to do a buff on it and i didn`t have time that day so the owner has to come back. They were cool though, I pointed out that the car had a ton of overspray and that I didn`t know that when I gave them a time estimate. The husband did the "I told you so" to the wife, apparantly she did some rattle can painting in the yard near the car.

OK, I know ya`ll are saying, but you would of had to buff it anyway after claying - no, not in this case. I washed it after claying and hit it with a coat of BFWD and the ONLY places that looked crappy were the towel areas.

I like the idea/concept of this towel thing, and apparantly others have had much better luck than I have. But, for me, it`s going into the trash.

IC3DT3
11-19-2012, 04:45 PM
Well, if you`re gonna throw it away, send it to me. I`ll pay shipping :) I love my towel. I especially hate that I seem to have left/lost at a job site. :(

Junebug
11-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Sorry man, I gave it to a kid in the office that had a car you couldn`t do anything to that wouldn`t be an improvement.