PDA

View Full Version : Spent a lil money today

Bigds2012TT
11-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Wife will not be pleased but I want to keep my new truck looking great.

2012 Black Toyota Tundra

Been chatting with Tim from Ft Worth about a little issue the dealer did to my truck and they are having to fix the paint on my truck. It was new with a few scratches on it so they said they would get them out. Next day its full of swirls, holograms, etc. They supposedly found a pro here in OKC that does amazing work so i will get it back today and if it looks good im driving it down to Tim to Opti-Coat the whole thing. And hopefully get a few pointers for a beginner like myself. I will post before and after of what the dealer did and what this guy is doing to my truck to finish it later when i get home from work.

I ordrered from Autogeek:

ONR

APC

BlackFire Microfiber cleaner and restore

5 inch Meg`s DA MF correction kit

Chemical guys:

4 Grit guards

Extreme V.R.P. Dressing

MF Applicator premium grade blue 2 pack

Wash mitt Xtra thick Premium Max Suds 3 pack

Gray Matter Silk Effect super soft MF WW dryer towel

Window clean glass WW streak Free Red w/silk

Target:

Vroom MF towels which i was told to NOT touch the outside of my truck with. So wheels and tires, interior only i guess.

Dan
11-01-2012, 01:21 PM
I`d suggest some Optimum Car Wax or Megs Ultimate Quick Wax. Both will fill in those minor swirls you will get from normal washing (even with OC).

03TLS
11-01-2012, 04:49 PM
Who told you not to use the Vroom MF towels on your paint?

Dan
11-01-2012, 06:18 PM
Who told you not to use the Vroom MF towels on your paint?

Probably one of Max`s disciples.

Bigds2012TT
11-01-2012, 09:47 PM
Ouch, well i wont say to keep the peace around here. haha

Bigds2012TT
11-01-2012, 10:02 PM
The clear on my truck is sooooo soft I`m afraid to wash it honestly. I ordered some super soft mf towels with silk edge. Is there a certain sponge or mitt you all recommend?

Bigds2012TT
11-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Ordered a cobra 16x16 supreme530 MF, Blackfire-Daytona Jr wheel cleaning kit, Opt Care wax, and a free sample.

Dan
11-02-2012, 11:39 AM
The clear on my truck is sooooo soft I`m afraid to wash it honestly. I ordered some super soft mf towels with silk edge. Is there a certain sponge or mitt you all recommend?

Lots of people like grout sponges, others like the wool mitts.

pwaug
11-02-2012, 01:39 PM
The CarPro merino wool mitt is very soft and the mesh hand pocket allows you to keep pressure off the paint. At $20 it`s a great product.

For ONR washes I use a long nap very soft MF mitt from NeatItems.com (not the ones that look like dredlocks)--cut out the threads that form a finger pocket which allows me to put a grout sponge inside so the whole thing can carry more solution than the mitt alone--allows you to release solution as you need it.

Dan
11-02-2012, 01:48 PM
FWIW, I like the Mother`s mitts, ~$10 on amazon. Then again, I single bucket wash and do other crazy stuff....

Bigds2012TT
11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
thank you all for the info, i will look this up when i get home. I pray i dont scratch this clear on my truck.

Accumulator
11-03-2012, 01:10 PM

IMO the big challenge will be not letting the *dirt* scratch it, no matter how soft the wash medium is. If you press the dirt against the paint, and then move it under pressure, you`ll probably cause marring. Avoiding this is very difficult.

Bigds2012TT
11-05-2012, 08:26 AM
I will do a little test spot on my truck using different mitts and MF`s. I visit Maxepr1 (Tim) this month for a little correction and an opti-coat application on my truck. Plus I hope I will get alot of insight and some pointers before I actually put that DA to the paint.

Accumulator
11-05-2012, 12:39 PM
I will do a little test spot on my truck using different mitts and MF`s..

I`d do the CD-test with them rather than experimenting on your paint.