PDA

View Full Version : 10 years later: getting tired of washing my car

Pages : [1] 2

imported_tuffluck
10-29-2012, 03:04 PM
i started detailing my cars about 10 years ago. i always hated detailing, but the final result was worth it. washing the car was always a nuisance too, but worth the effort. now i`ve reached a point in my life where i just absolutely hate washing the car at all. i keep my car in fantastic shape, but spending an hour every week to make it look renewed again just gets on my nerves now and has for the last year or so. i love it once it is cleaned and i will continue to wash it to make it look good, but i no longer enjoy the process of getting it right.

i guess my only option is to either wash it a little bit less aggressively so that it doesn`t take as much time, or pay someone to wash it *right.* for the former, i guess most people don`t pay that much attention to other people`s car washing abilities. i probably wash my car beyond that point just because like any other autopian, i`m used to making a car look nearly perfect.

anyone else ever been here before?

IHA Mark
10-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Opti-Coat 2.0 then find a quality detailer that does maintenance washing, seems like the path for you my friend.

ihaveacamaro
10-29-2012, 03:49 PM
yikes! I`ve always loved detailing my car :) Washing it (as a hobby) sometimes can be the highlight of my day!

Dan
10-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Opticoat and ceramic brake pads will reduce your washing by three fold.

pwaug
10-29-2012, 04:51 PM
yikes! I`ve always loved detailing my car :) Washing it (as a hobby) sometimes can be the highlight of my day! And, keeps me busy so I don`t get as many "honey dos"

Bill D
10-29-2012, 08:29 PM
It`s one of the most major therapies for me but until very lately it has been too sauna-like to do it and even more so, the cars have pretty much just been too clean for nothing a regular wash and some routine QDing and cleaning the windows couldn`t handle.

Boston Man
10-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Opti-Coat 2.0 then find a quality detailer that does maintenance washing, seems like the path for you my friend.

That is what I did.

Ive been washing and waxing mine for 6 years with no garage and ive gotten sick of it. I finally got opti coat and did my and my mother`s car. Now I dont have to wax

ONR make washing faster so i dont hate it as much.

ihaveacamaro
10-30-2012, 09:19 AM
wow, clearly detailing isn`t for everyone. Here`s another vote for OC 2.0 and finding a good detailer around you :)

Richard Grasa
10-30-2012, 01:24 PM
OP, do you use a rinseless wash or do you do traditional washes? If I had to do traditional washes, I would not be in this business. ONR turned washing from a chore I couldn`t stand to making detailing a very enjoyable way of making a living for me. Maybe give it a try if you are still doing traditional washes.

Scottwax
10-30-2012, 07:28 PM
OP, do you use a rinseless wash or do you do traditional washes? If I had to do traditional washes, I would not be in this business. ONR turned washing from a chore I couldn`t stand to making detailing a very enjoyable way of making a living for me. Maybe give it a try if you are still doing traditional washes.

Same here, I`d absolutely hate to have to go back to dragging out a hose to wash cars.

Dan
10-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Same here, I`d absolutely hate to have to go back to dragging out a hose to wash cars.

Man, if the rest of the world bought into your single bucket method, they`d never look back.

imported_tuffluck
10-31-2012, 11:18 AM
i use ONR. if i only had to wash the car, it would be one thing. the rims and the wheel wells are a PITA though, and that`s usually when i begin to lose my patience.

Dan
10-31-2012, 11:33 AM
i use ONR. if i only had to wash the car, it would be one thing. the rims and the wheel wells are a PITA though, and that`s usually when i begin to lose my patience.

That`s where the ceramic brake pads come in. They keep wheels much cleaner.

imported_tuffluck
10-31-2012, 12:08 PM
Oh and my car is black too. Worst color for detaliers who are ocd!

Richard Grasa
10-31-2012, 12:11 PM
Oh and my car is black too. Worst color for detaliers who are ocd!

Just curious, what kind of car is it? Black will make you crazy!!! lol