PDA

View Full Version : Applying Zymol over KAIO

macconinc
10-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Has anyone on this forum applied Zymol Carbon over KAIO? Would it give better results than using KSG?

Getting ready to detail my and wife`s Mercedes and would like to know the pros/cons of using either.

Dan
10-29-2012, 09:58 AM
It will work fine over KAIO. Better results... for looks yes, protection and durability, KSG will win.

macconinc
10-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Thanks.....

I need to replenish my all in one. Would a better solution be Z-AIO? I`ve heard good things about Zaino products; just trying to get the best cleaner/wax for my daily driven MB. I`ve previously used KAIO with KSG to top.

Accumulator
10-29-2012, 12:15 PM
I need to replenish my all in one. Would a better solution be Z-AIO? I`ve heard good things about Zaino products; just trying to get the best cleaner/wax for my daily driven MB. I`ve previously used KAIO with KSG to top.

IMO the KAIO and ZAIO are different enough as to not be interchangeable; I`d hate to have just one and not the other. You could add Autoglym`s Super Resin Polish to that too.

That said, if you *can* only have one, and you plan to use it as a cleaner-wax on your Benz (I`m assuming less black plastic/rubber trim than some other vehicles), I guess I`d say to go with the Zaino AIO.

But the Klasse twins, with the KSG heavily layered, will be tough to beat for long-lasting protection. Most anything else will need redone a lot more often IME.

Dan
10-29-2012, 12:19 PM
I do really like ZAIO, though I`ve noticed (again) that I`ve gotten some water spotting issues with it.

macconinc
10-29-2012, 12:45 PM
I appreciate Dan`s and Accumulator`s responses.

My issue is I don`t want to "layer" the KSG as I understand from reading one has to wait 12 to 24 hours before applying the second coat. I`m hoping to do my car in one day which I can with KAIO and once coat of KSG. Is there a better alternative to "layering" the KSG? Does Zaino make a product that will eliminate the need for "layering"? Or, can I "layer" KSG without waiting 12 to 24 hours?

Dan
10-29-2012, 06:27 PM
What is your goal? Durability, looks, ease of use? ZAIO is great all around. I also have excellent results with Mother`s Carnauba cleaner (liquid). I wouldn`t hesitate to use it as a base for any carnauba. Another choice if maximum durability is your goal is NuFinish, yeah, that stuff.

macconinc
10-30-2012, 09:28 AM
I think I know what I`m going to do. For my car, daily driver outside all of the time, I`m going to use KAIO then layer KSG at least two times. FOr my wife`s car, in garage all the time and only used seldomly, I thought about using XMT 360. Have you had an experience with the XMT 360 product?

Dan
10-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Sounds like a good plan. You can layer KSG sooner than 12 hours as well. IMO XMT360 is nothing more than a product of the AG hype machine. I`ve never seen any sorts of durability test with it. Optimistic reports peg it at 2-3 months. I`m sure its a pleasant enough product to use, but nothing makes it a standout.

Swanicyouth
10-30-2012, 11:16 AM
FOr my wife`s car, in garage all the time and only used seldomly, I thought about using XMT 360. Have you had an experience with the XMT 360 product?

Ever consider Optimum GPS (glaze, polish, seal)? It`s a pretty nice AIO.

macconinc
10-30-2012, 11:42 AM
Sounds like a good plan. You can layer KSG sooner than 12 hours as well. IMO XMT360 is nothing more than a product of the AG hype machine. I`ve never seen any sorts of durability test with it. Optimistic reports peg it at 2-3 months. I`m sure its a pleasant enough product to use, but nothing makes it a standout.

Any idea how much sooner than 12 hours?

Dan
10-30-2012, 12:01 PM
I don`t think there is a magic number but I`ve done it after 3 or so and it seemed fine. Did it work as well? Who knows.

macconinc
10-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Ever consider Optimum GPS (glaze, polish, seal)? It`s a pretty nice AIO.

Have you used Optimum GPS? What kind of results did you get?

Accumulator
10-31-2012, 04:34 PM
I`ve always waited 12-24 hours when layering KSG, so I can`t speak to doing it sooner :nixweiss

If I had to do it in one day, I`d do ZAIO topped with FK1000P. Another coat of the FK after the next wash and it should be good until springtime.