PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Experts...stop in

nonwelder
10-28-2012, 10:48 PM
I am most likely going to coat my car with OC 2.0 in the spring. 2012 Jetta in Candy White. While white hides defects fairly well, I want to remove some wash marring and other defects that have come about since the car is a daily driver and is used hard at times.

I thought about using HD polish on a HT pad, which will hopefully be aggressive enough, followed by Optimum Finish. Proper wipe down after that, of course.

However, I am wondering if this will be enough on VW paint, which leads me to ask, how do OPT "traditional" polishes work on hard VW clear? Would I be best skipping OPT polish and just use their compound and then follow with finish? I`ve found that most light polishes do little on VW clear.

Also, HT pads or OPT MF pads? Do their traditional polishes work on the MF pads? I am not keen on the spray polishes but would consider them if folks think they are absolutely necessary.

Thanks. Looking forward to spring already...think a coated car will make life a lot easier!

Thomas Dekany
10-28-2012, 11:12 PM
You will need at the minimum, HD UNO. I have a feeling that by the time you get to it, there will be RIDS as well. If not already. If there was only wash induced light imperfections, HD POLISH will do it and you can just switch pads and finish with it as well. HD POLISH is as fine as they come. JM2C. :)

IHA Mark
10-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Just remember to take your time, and don`t get impatient and apply the opti coat on a finish you are not satisfied with.

maxepr1
10-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Opt. MF work with any of Optimum products. Hyper polish or Hyper compound will work great on VW clears.

Chris@Optimum
10-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Optimum traditional polishes were designed for modern clears (including ceramiclears with which Dr G is intimately familiar with) and are tunable to suit any needs with choice of pads. They are the best choice pre coating because you only need to wipedown the section with a water dampened paint safe microfiber pre installation. This easy cleanup avoids bonding issues.

RaskyR1
10-29-2012, 11:37 AM
Only a test spot will answer your question. My go to product that I reach for first on most OC/OG jobs, with brand new cars, is Hyper Polish. With so much variations in paint hardness and user experience, only you can answer your question. ;)