PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Alfisti!

pootoo12000
10-27-2012, 04:04 PM
Figured this deserved its own thread...a few posts back, Alfisti recommended dry buffing a freshly ONR`d panel to bring out the bling. Hey, it really works! And I was using version 1! I have never been all that impressed with the slickness of ONR, even version 3. A quick dry buff amps up the shine and the slickness. But what I really notice is that it really smoothes out the paint. My vehicles are opticoated and I use OCW semi-regularly to spiff the OC. Usually, even when freshly OCW`d, the next ONR wash diminishes the slickness considerably. The dry buff brings it back! I didn`t dry buff with a microfiber, I used an old leather chamois that I use to dry buff windows, very, very soft. Great tip, Alfisti! You da MAN!!! Since one good turn deserves another, here is my recipe for the best window cleaner I have used. Mix a quart 50/50 with 91% ISO and distilled water. Add 1/2 tablespoon of ONR and put in a chemically resistant spray bottle. Use with a terry towel and finish up with a dry buff, I use the aforementioned soft, dry chamois. Works particularly well on the vinyl off-gassed crud on the inside of the windows. One of those Invisible Glass triangle window devices helps a lot with sharply-angled window glass. No streaks and the outside glass beads pretty well, for a while anyway. Give it a try!

David Fermani
10-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Good to know that people are giving good advise and people like you take the time to give them props. Good going both of you guys.

Alfisti
10-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Figured this deserved its own thread...a few posts back, Alfisti recommended dry buffing a freshly ONR`d panel to bring out the bling. Hey, it really works! And I was using version 1! I have never been all that impressed with the slickness of ONR, even version 3. A quick dry buff amps up the shine and the slickness. But what I really notice is that it really smoothes out the paint. My vehicles are opticoated and I use OCW semi-regularly to spiff the OC. Usually, even when freshly OCW`d, the next ONR wash diminishes the slickness considerably. The dry buff brings it back! I didn`t dry buff with a microfiber, I used an old leather chamois that I use to dry buff windows, very, very soft. Great tip, Alfisti! You da MAN!!! Since one good turn deserves another, here is my recipe for the best window cleaner I have used. Mix a quart 50/50 with 91% ISO and distilled water. Add 1/2 tablespoon of ONR and put in a chemically resistant spray bottle. Use with a terry towel and finish up with a dry buff, I use the aforementioned soft, dry chamois. Works particularly well on the vinyl off-gassed crud on the inside of the windows. One of those Invisible Glass triangle window devices helps a lot with sharply-angled window glass. No streaks and the outside glass beads pretty well, for a while anyway. Give it a try!

Thanks mate, glad you`re happy with the results. Have you buffed after ONRv3? That`s something else.

However, I`d be reluctant to use a leather chamois to dry buff as I don`t believe it would be soft enough to avoid marring the paint. I`d really recommend a fluffy MF.

Thanks for the window cleaner recipe...I might try it after I use up my stocks. Cheers. :bigups