PDA

View Full Version : Finally tried Sonus Motorkote

Pages : [1] 2

Buster
10-24-2012, 05:18 PM
After reading the mixed reviews on Sonus MK, I decided to give it a shot on the engine cover to see how it would work. Like others, I found it to be very spotty. The engine cover was clean and dry. This product leaves to much spotting. I let it dry overnight and the next morning it looked pretty bad. I had to wipe it down to get rid of the circular spots.

Is it possible that holding the bottle further away from the area you are spraying would help reduce this? If I can`t figure out to to apply this stuff correctly, I`m just going to go back to CD2, which is much easier to use.

I`m glad I held off spraying down the entire engine. I would not have been to happy.

Thanks.

Thomas Dekany
10-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Buster, try the 3D offering. Best product of its kind I have used so far.

Alfisti
10-25-2012, 11:05 AM
What is 3D`s offering?

Buster
10-25-2012, 08:58 PM
What is 3D`s offering?

+1 :smile:

BigAl3
10-25-2012, 11:44 PM
i could be wrong, but thomas may be referring to this...

http://www.autopia.org/3dimages/products/web/915.jpg

Buster
11-19-2012, 08:37 PM
Thanks! Just an update, I ended up getting the hang of it and the Sonus worked very well. It looks great.

I will keep the 3D stuff in mind going forward. Thanks!

derek37
11-19-2012, 11:37 PM
I use CD2 on my engines and I always wipe it down with a MF. Usually after a few hours; I just think it`s wise to do so no matter what you use.

CEE DOG
11-20-2012, 08:11 AM
Very cool! It took me a couple applications to get it figured out as well but the reward was worth it. Sonus Trim and Motor Kote is a sleeper imo. Excellent product

Buster
11-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Very cool! It took me a couple applications to get it figured out as well but the reward was worth it. Sonus Trim and Motor Kote is a sleeper imo. Excellent product

I think so. I`m always trying something new. The main benefit is the actual protection you get, where as with the others you don`t get that. It`s more cosmetic, I think, with competing type products. CD2 has also been discontinued.

Trim Shine, 3D Trim Shine and Gunk Engine Brite are really the only alternatives.

Sonus Motorkote is a very unique product and VERY good for engine detailing.

Dberube
11-30-2012, 11:50 PM
Thanks! Just an update, I ended up getting the hang of it and the Sonus worked very well. It looks great.

I will keep the 3D stuff in mind going forward. Thanks!

What did you do differently? I just bought 2 bottles...

Thanks

Buster
12-02-2012, 05:57 PM
What did you do differently? I just bought 2 bottles...

Thanks

I was being a little to cautious and wasn`t spraying enough, but the key is to spray it at a distance of 12-18"`s away. Apply two coats. Let me know how it works for you.

Buster
12-02-2012, 08:49 PM
It`s been a month now and it`s holding up extremely well. This is definitely the product to own for engine detailing.

Bill D
12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
I still have the original from years ago I use it exclusively on my Audi wheelwells. It appears to be the perfect product for them and for the undercarriage coverings

Accumulator
12-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Wonder how these products would work if wiped on, as opposed to being sprayed :think: I`m not a fan of spraying stuff, especially from ≥12" away, as there`s just too much risk of overspray getting somewhere I don`t want it. (Yeah, yeah...I know all the tricks to minimize such stuff, but still...)

CEE DOG
12-03-2012, 10:52 PM
Wonder how these products would work if wiped on, as opposed to being sprayed :think: I`m not a fan of spraying stuff, especially from ≥12" away, as there`s just too much risk of overspray getting somewhere I don`t want it. (Yeah, yeah...I know all the tricks to minimize such stuff, but still...)

I had a hard time not wiping it myself on the exterior trim i played with it on. I couldn`t bare it so I went ahead and wiped lol.. but at least now I know the answer to that question. It appeared not to cause any issues whatsoever. I didn`t intentionally time the durability but it was on an exterior trim bumper and I`m sure it lasted over a month.. I`m thinking it still looked darker after more than 2.