PDA

View Full Version : HD Polish + Dawn = Holy Strip!!!

David Fermani
10-20-2012, 07:05 PM
HD Polish + Dawn = Holy Strip!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfqvmSZROoU&feature=channel&list=UL

Nothing like 100% bare & naked paint when applying your favorite sealant or coating! I’ve used Dawn 100’s of times both before & after polishing and have yet to see water sheet away like this. This is solely because of the incredible lubricants in HD Polish that easily get stripped. No better feeling then being able to count on a finishing polish to give you the results that are true without those stubborn oils. Hope you enjoy.

rwright
10-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Very nice David. That`s about as simple as it gets. I`ve tried to explain to people the difference between HD Polish and 85RD when it comes to oils, but some just don`t want to give it up.

Accumulator
10-21-2012, 12:39 PM
David Fermani- Aw man...you`re giving me Buyer`s Remorse when I think of my (still unopened) bottle of PO85RD just sitting there on the shelf :o

Envious Eric
10-24-2012, 07:50 PM
If I didnt already have two bottles of 85rd Accumulator, I`d buy it off you....havent found a better finishing polish from any manufacture!

Thomas Dekany
10-24-2012, 10:56 PM
Really? And you tried HD POLISH?

If I didnt already have two bottles of 85rd Accumulator, I`d buy it off you....havent found a better finishing polish from any manufacture!

Accumulator
10-25-2012, 12:42 PM

-AND-

Really? And you tried HD POLISH?

I wouldn`t be surprised if the PO85RD did a bit better job, at least in the right hands (and that might be a big factor as I have zero experience with it). BUT I get the feeling that the HD would be more user-friendly, not to mention more likely to be more Accumulator-proof. If I can get ~95% (or better) of the results with less effort and am easier learning curve, I`m all for it.

Now if I ever get the hankering to *REALLY* aim for the best I can possibly do, regardless of time/effort/etc....well, that might be a different story.

SamtheMan
05-04-2016, 08:40 PM
That`s a great demo video, you can easily see the results, nice job thanks!

4u2nvinmtl
05-04-2016, 09:06 PM
It`s like watching paint dry

RaskyR1
05-05-2016, 11:10 AM
Looks to me like the surfactants in Dawn are doing the job they were designed to do....

David Fermani
05-05-2016, 01:19 PM
Looks to me like the surfactants in Dawn are doing the job they were designed to do....

That^^^ and the fact that the oils in HD Polish are super light and easy to remove which makes going right to the Opti-Coating process super easy....:headspin

mg031
05-05-2016, 02:36 PM
Another reason why HD polish is overall tops for me