PDA

View Full Version : Worth the repair?

Speedwagon
10-17-2012, 05:28 PM
I bought a Bissell Little Green several years ago. Partly because I wanted to be able to clean out my car better, but mostly because I have a dog. The hose is now starting to come apart on it. I can`t buy the part, I have to take it to an authorized Bissell repair facility, at the cost of $40. It`s the most basic model they make.

If it was you, would you put the $40 in it? Or just upgrade to a better unit, like the ProHeat AutoCare or something for $100? I`ll add, that I`m seriously pondering starting my own part time detail business for some extra income.

Dan
10-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Mail the hose back to Bissel HQ with a well woreded letter stating your disappointment. You`ll get a new one back in the mail.

Speedwagon
10-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Mail the hose back to Bissel HQ with a well woreded letter stating your disappointment. You`ll get a new one back in the mail.

I like that idea. I`m glad I posted up here. :)

Ron Ketcham
10-17-2012, 09:30 PM
Or, God is great and duck tape is close behind.

Grumpy

Accumulator
10-18-2012, 01:55 PM
Speedwagon- Yeah, I`ve found Bissell customer service to be really good, so maybe you`ll get a new one for free. Otherwise, I bet you can find a hose *somewhere* or cobble up a DIY fix easier than you might first think.

Ya know...while I like having an excuse to buy a new unit, sometimes I find that I like the old/obsolete ones better; I`ve been keeping one of my older Bissells (a Big Green Machine) alive for decades, despite it not having heat. As you said, "dog"....(in my case I bet I clean up after the cat even more though!).

RaskyR1
10-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Is it coming apart right next to the extraction tool? If so you can simply cut off the section of hose that is bad (and the solution hose) and put the end back on. It does takes a little bit of "MacGyver" work, but only took about 15 minutes. Only downside is that now the hose is too short to wind back up on the unit....which IMO is what caused the hose to tear in the first place. ;)

Speedwagon
10-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Yes, it is right there. I agree, they should have made the hose slightly longer. What do you do with the end if it doesn`t fit in the holder? Did you rig a way to keep it tied up?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

RaskyR1
10-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Yes, it is right there. I agree, they should have made the hose slightly longer. What do you do with the end if it doesn`t fit in the holder? Did you rig a way to keep it tied up?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Nope, I just have it laying next to the tool now. I broke down and bought a Mytee so I only use my LGM around the house now. ;)

Paul Sparks
10-18-2012, 06:42 PM
The other poster are spot on. Bissel customer service is top notch. If you get to the point where you have to buy parts you may want to check out local pawn shops. I`m a pawn shop junkie and have seen plenty of the Pro Heat models for sale in the 35-45 dollar range.