PDA

View Full Version : Z8 vs OS and OID

Fallz
10-16-2012, 08:39 AM
I know Z8 is labeled as a spray sealant.

OS is also a spray wowo sealant .

OID is a detail spray w/polymers.

Never used Z8 , but I acquired a half bottle for free. I also not a Z user so just want some info on how it acts , durability ( if any )

Just little confused .....

Dan
10-16-2012, 12:56 PM
Z8 will bead water for a month or so, maybe up to two months if conditions are favorable on a 24x7 outdoors car. People have continued to fall over themselves when it comes to this product. I never understood it. I guess there was a time and a place when a spray sealant was revolutionary, but its par for the course now.

Looks wise it adds some gloss and a fair amount of depth. It doesn`t look particularly wet, but its not sterile either. It looks like more clear and a bit more gloss were added to the paintwork. For a while it and DG-AW used to look on par, then I think someone caught on and made some changes to AW, which IMO made it look better than Z8. I always liked the way Z6 looked, much more amped up than Z8. That`s what the new AW seems to look like. I also think Optiseal blows away Z8, its cheaper per application and offers more protection.

Not sure why I still hang on to my bottle of Z8....

Scottwax
10-16-2012, 02:09 PM
OS is the easiest to use of the 3 and offers the most in terms of protection and appearance.

Fallz
10-16-2012, 03:55 PM
Optimum it is. I`ll stay with that .

Thank you

DM101
10-16-2012, 04:51 PM
I am all about looks. Z-8 does a good job. But my favorite is Chemical Guys V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant Detailer. It is not talked about much here. My #1.....

RobD
10-16-2012, 06:04 PM
OS is the easiest to use of the 3 and offers the most in terms of protection and appearance.

How would you compare OS to OCW? TIA

gmblack3
10-16-2012, 07:02 PM
I know Z8 is labeled as a spray sealant.

OS is also a spray wowo sealant .

OID is a detail spray w/polymers.

Never used Z8 , but I acquired a half bottle for free. I also not a Z user so just want some info on how it acts , durability ( if any )

Just little confused .....

Please let us know what you think after trying all three.

Legacy
10-16-2012, 07:13 PM
[quote name=`Fallguy`]OS is also a spray wowo sealant .

OS is not a wowo, it`s a wowa.

Fallz
10-16-2012, 09:52 PM
[quote name=`Fallguy`]OS is also a spray wowo sealant .

OS is not a wowo, it`s a wowa.

Yes I know it is. Just wasn`t thinking.