PDA

View Full Version : Preparing my filthy car for winter

BklynRX7
10-14-2012, 04:57 PM
So, I haven`t washed my car in months and its grown to become pretty damn filthy. I want to get atleast one good wash/wax in before the winter but I wanted to make sure its enough.

First of all Im a little afraid to even wash it because of the layer of visible dirt on it. I usually use p21s shampoo but I was going to pick up a stronger chemical guys shampoo and soap/rinse the car a few times before I touch it with a mitt.

Once I wash it I was going to clay it, rewash it and attempt some swirl removal on the trunk lid(its the only area that is noticeably bad).

Beyond that Im a little unsure what i should do. I have stockpiled the following products and never really used any of them:

s100 wax

Klasse AIO

Klasse SG

Dodo Juice Blue Velvet

Rejex sealant

Which would be best to use? Should I layer more than one?. I probably wont have a free second day to do this so anything needing more than an hour or so of follow-up wont work. I have Pc7424 and some pads from the detail shop, but Im unsure what brand they are. Definitely not LC.

As far as the interior goes, the carpet is a mess but the seats are great besides a few crumbs. I have lexol cleaner/conditioner and a full leather masters strong cleaner kit. Im not sure if the leather masters cleaner would be unnecessarily strong, but I want to use the protectant. Would cleaning with the gentler lexol first conflict with the LM protectant?

Additionally, my wheels are absolutely black with brake dust right now. I plan on using Flash brown Royal and Sonax to clean them, but if I cant get them perfect, would sealing them with one of the above products be harmful?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.