PDA

View Full Version : Opinions (Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere )

Blockisle9
10-14-2012, 03:21 PM
Has anyone tried this?

I`d love to hear opinions.

Lenny

Dan
10-14-2012, 08:42 PM
Curios as well. I picked some up but then returned when I figured out the cost per use.

RobD
11-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Has anyone tried diluting UWWA and using it as a rinse-less wash, e.g. putting an ounce or so in two gallons of water (like ONR, et.al.)?

Matt Cardoni
11-15-2012, 09:28 PM
I`ve tried it and I think it works quite well. Below is a quick comparison between the 3 waterless washes I have tried; Meguiar`s UW&WA, 3D Waterless Wash, and Chemical Guys Ecosmart Concentrate.

All 3 clean quite well with no noticable marring. They all leave a slick "just waxed" finish. I would recommend any of them. Below are a few differences.

The Meguiar`s is the most expensive due to the fact that it is only available in the retail package. That can be an advantage though as it is most likely available at your local auto parts store. It wipes off streak free very easily. I also think it smells the best. If it were available in bulk to bring down the cost, it would probably get a slight edge over the 3D due to the smell.

The 3D is my choice of the 3. It is very similar to the Meguiar`s in how it works. It also smells really good, I would put it a close 2nd in that catagory. The lower price when buying by the gallon is what puts it over the top. The cons are that it is not going to be at the local auto parts store and if you get the 24 oz bottle, the sprayer is terrible. Your fingers will be tired after doing a car with it. Get another bottle and sprayer.

The Chemical Guys is by far the most economical. I bought a 16 oz concentrate for less than $20 (the gallon of RTU 3D is about $30) and that is mixed with 1 gallon of distilled water. I have had a few issues with it though. It seems much more wet than the other 2 making it harder to buff off. I usually clean a second panel before buffing the first. It also has given my sprayer issues (I use a 1/2 gallon pump sprayer from tractor supply). It seems to get clogged and it looks like there might be some sort of clay in the product as if it sits, I have seen it clump up. This may be causing the sprayer issues. Finally, it smelled good at first, but after about 2 weeks, it has no more smell. All in all, it is still the most economical and does work well.

IHA Mark
11-15-2012, 09:41 PM
I`ve tried it and I think it works quite well. Below is a quick comparison between the 3 waterless washes I have tried; Meguiar`s UW&WA, 3D Waterless Wash, and Chemical Guys Ecosmart Concentrate.

All 3 clean quite well with no noticable marring. They all leave a slick "just waxed" finish. I would recommend any of them. Below are a few differences.

The Meguiar`s is the most expensive due to the fact that it is only available in the retail package. That can be an advantage though as it is most likely available at your local auto parts store. It wipes off streak free very easily. I also think it smells the best. If it were available in bulk to bring down the cost, it would probably get a slight edge over the 3D due to the smell.

The 3D is my choice of the 3. It is very similar to the Meguiar`s in how it works. It also smells really good, I would put it a close 2nd in that catagory. The lower price when buying by the gallon is what puts it over the top. The cons are that it is not going to be at the local auto parts store and if you get the 24 oz bottle, the sprayer is terrible. Your fingers will be tired after doing a car with it. Get another bottle and sprayer.

The Chemical Guys is by far the most economical. I bought a 16 oz concentrate for less than $20 (the gallon of RTU 3D is about $30) and that is mixed with 1 gallon of distilled water. I have had a few issues with it though. It seems much more wet than the other 2 making it harder to buff off. I usually clean a second panel before buffing the first. It also has given my sprayer issues (I use a 1/2 gallon pump sprayer from tractor supply). It seems to get clogged and it looks like there might be some sort of clay in the product as if it sits, I have seen it clump up. This may be causing the sprayer issues. Finally, it smelled good at first, but after about 2 weeks, it has no more smell. All in all, it is still the most economical and does work well.

Good review, thanks. I`m wanting to give HD Total a shot too, but might try out the 3D brand also.

Matt Cardoni
11-15-2012, 09:59 PM
Good review, thanks. I`m wanting to give HD Total a shot too, but might try out the 3D brand also.

I`m thinking you mean HD Free, Total is an APC. From what I understand reading Thomas Dekany`s posts , the 3D and HD are very similar, the HD having some more wax in it. That would probably make it better for a normal wash where the 3D would be better if you were going to put another wax on after the wash. Just a guess though.