PDA

View Full Version : New Lake Country Microfiber pads on a rotary or DA?

fabz
09-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Has anyone tried these pads on a rotary or DA?

I didn`t like the Optimum MFs on a DA as much as Surbufs . But Opt MF actually surprised me on a Rotary, problem is it gets oval after washing so not so good for rotary use for that reason.

Wanted to hear from someone how these LC mfs go... esp. on a rotary compared to wool...

Cheers!

imported_ww2717
09-24-2012, 07:39 AM
Used the da only version. Waiting for the rotary ones to get come on backorder from lc. Hopefully they will be here in 7 to 10 working days.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

IHA Mark
09-24-2012, 09:05 AM
I ordered a couple of packs of the new DA pads a couple of weeks ago. I give them a 6 out of 10.

It seems the issue is when trying to make a product that cuts AND polishes, it seems to not do either "perfectly".

I prefer the Optimum MF pads personally, cut pads have more cut and the polish pads finish darn near perfect almost every single time.

I am going to give the LC pads some more time, but so far will not be ordering them again.

imported_RZJZA80
09-24-2012, 10:11 AM
I ordered a couple of packs of the new DA pads a couple of weeks ago. I give them a 6 out of 10.

It seems the issue is when trying to make a product that cuts AND polishes, it seems to not do either "perfectly".

I prefer the Optimum MF pads personally, cut pads have more cut and the polish pads finish darn near perfect almost every single time.

I am going to give the LC pads some more time, but so far will not be ordering them again.

How would you compare the finish of the Optimum and Megs polishing MF pads?

IHA Mark
09-24-2012, 02:42 PM
How would you compare the finish of the Optimum and Megs polishing MF pads?

I have never used the Megs pads... might sound weird, but when I got my first DA I have been buying Optimum pads and have liked them so much I have stuck to them. Just tried the LC because they advertised "cut and polish in one" for the pads, and gave them a shot.

I have heard other detailers say that the Megs cut a little better, but the Optimum finish better. As I said, I have never used the megs myself though...

JohnKleven
09-24-2012, 11:32 PM
The rotary pads are solid. I`ve been using them for a couple of days. They cut well, and finish well, but they need to be cleaned constantly. After a couple of passes I blow the pad out with compressed air.