PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Wax detail spray

strauss
09-22-2012, 02:17 PM
I have been a huge supporter of the Victoria Wax line up, more specifically their Concours Red wax. If you haven`t tried that wax, you really should ASAP. It`s an amazing wax for the money, offering shine and depth of waxes three to four times the price. Add to that the fantastic durability and you have one amazing product. Also should be mentioned that I just tried their brand new Hybrid wax which I also enjoyed. The Hybrid makes a good companion to the Concours Red as it`s much more of a bright, sealant looking shine. It looks great on light colored vehicles since it has a more "glass" look to it where the Red offers a very deep, warm glow.

Anyways, enough talk about their top notch waxes. I`m here now to tell you all about their detail spray. I ordered a bottle to compliment my vehicle that wears the Concours Red wax. My problem in the past was whenever I`d detail spray the car it would change the look of the finish. I absolutely LOVE the honest warm glow red provides and was getting frustrated with my detail sprays altering the look. After spritzing the car down with either FK425 or OID the car would have more of a hard, sealant like shine. Now don`t get me wrong, I really like both of those products but on this one particular car that exclusively wears Red at all times I was unhappy with the look these QD`s gave it.

In comes the Victoria Wax detail spray. I had read good things about it over on detailingworld so I ordered some up. Let me tell you this, I was expecting this stuff to be good but I was blown away by the results. All I was looking for was a nice touch up spray that wouldn`t change the look of the Concours Red. This QD is just as easy to use as OID, as in it`s extremely hard to streak your finish with it. It also seems to have good cleaning ability knocking bugs off the front no problem. What blew me away was the extreme slickness it leaves behind. I always loved the incredible slickness both OID and FK425 provide but this Victoria Wax detail spray may have them both beat. The car is SUPER slick now which was an awesome bonus as the Concours Red itself doesn`t leave the surface extremely slippery. Instead it`s more of a soft, slightly sticky feel similar to a few other high end carnubas I`ve used. Now with this detail spray I can retain the awesome signature look of the Red while having the surface as slick as the most slippery sealants on the market.

The other two QD`s do smell better, not that the Victoria QD smells bad. I still use my other QD`s on my other cars since they are awesome products as well, but on cars wearing true carnubas it will be the Victoria QD all day. If anyone is looking for a QD to compliment a nice carnuba wax, this is the spray to get. It has instantly earned a permanent spot in my detailing arsenal.

David Fermani
09-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Nice review. Good to know that they Victoria is stepping up their product line.

lostdaytomorrow
10-09-2012, 08:42 AM
Nice review. Have you tried griots speed shine on a carnauba?

Dan
10-09-2012, 09:23 AM

Curious as well, I love speed shine for that signature carnauba look.

strauss
10-09-2012, 09:26 AM

No I have not, I`ll have to pick some up to try out. I`ve heard good things about that QD as well.

Legacy
10-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Curious as well, I love speed shine for that signature carnauba look.

Victoria is nicer than Griot imo.