PDA

View Full Version : I dislike white

Pages : [1] 2

Tex Star Detail
03-24-2006, 09:39 PM
Sems like all I have been detailing is white vehicles. White Jeep Cherokee, Ford Crew Cab F-250, BMW Z3.......... After looking at the paint for hours, I see spots...LOL
and it`s hard to see the swirls. I guess that is good and bad at the same time..... I need other colors!!!

What color do you dislike?

cwcad
03-24-2006, 09:52 PM
Pewter is my boring color. Have it on the Bravada. Even when it is prepared properly it never seemed to pop. have not done white but I can imagine that it is the same way.

Tex Star Detail
03-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Very boring color to work on IMO

Joe's Detail
03-24-2006, 10:14 PM
dark colors are always hard to work with...but the results are the most impressive

Tex Star Detail
03-24-2006, 10:23 PM
dark colors are always hard to work with...but the results are the most impressive

I think that is it. I am disappointed at the outcome of white. Don`t get me wrong, it looks good, but not as good as a red or black when finished. Though, white does mask alot of imperfections. I guess each has it`s perks.......Just personal preference I supose.

97F1504x4
03-24-2006, 10:25 PM
White is just so Bland and has no personality so to speak.

If that makes sense. Must be a car guy thing.

Richard

Tex Star Detail
03-24-2006, 10:25 PM
White is just so Bland and has no personality so to speak.

If that makes sense. Must be a car guy thing.

Richard

Exactly

Joe's Detail
03-24-2006, 10:27 PM
I I guess each has it`s perks.......Just personal preference I supose.

White cars seem to take less work, which is good for the business perspective, but i hear what your saying that the outcome is never that satisfying. although Sometimes its what you can`t see that counts.

Tex Star Detail
03-24-2006, 10:31 PM
White cars seem to take less work, which is good for the business perspective, but i hear what your saying that the outcome is never that satisfying. although Sometimes its what you can`t see that counts.

HAHAHA...Nice....

C. Charles Hahn
03-24-2006, 10:47 PM
Pewter is my boring color. Have it on the Bravada. Even when it is prepared properly it never seemed to pop. have not done white but I can imagine that it is the same way.

Eh.... I dunno that I can quite agree with that, but I suppose it depends what you`re looking for from it.

Jngrbrdman
03-24-2006, 10:58 PM
I had a year where probably 80% of the vehicles I did were red. They were all red and oxidized. I ended up using 2 bottles of AIO that year and had to pretty much replace all my towels and pads because they were stained red. I got pretty sick of red after that.

Joe's Detail
03-24-2006, 11:13 PM
I had a year where probably 80% of the vehicles I did were red. They were all red and oxidized. I ended up using 2 bottles of AIO that year and had to pretty much replace all my towels and pads because they were stained red. I got pretty sick of red after that.

but when you done, they prob looked so good!

cwcad
03-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Eh.... I dunno that I can quite agree with that, but I suppose it depends what you`re looking for from it.

Ok. YMMV

Jngrbrdman
03-24-2006, 11:34 PM
but when you done, they prob looked so good!

That`s the one good thing about it. There was always instant gratification when I got done. I did get tired of it after awhile though...

One thing I loved about having a white car for so long was that I think it really did make me a better detailer. When you can get a white car looking perfect from any angle and under any lighting, then you know you are good. If you can do that to white then doing it to red or black or any other color is a piece of cake.

artman4life
03-24-2006, 11:38 PM
whites r my personal hate color to work with, maybe i expect too much, but im never completely satisfied no matter how long i work at it. dark colors are my fav colors to work with, dunno why, but i seem to be able to work with and yeild much better results with dark colors, teh blacks, dark matalics, the reds, blues, greens etc...
always possible that i use same products for both light and dark colors also. i havent experimented much with trying particular products with certain colors. plus i use diff stuff at home/privately than i do at work