PDA

View Full Version : Source for Premium BHB?

Accumulator
09-13-2012, 03:09 PM
My old (previous generation/good) GG BHBs are finally about done, leaving me with only my pair of Montanas. I like to stay one step ahead of the curve, with my "next batch" on-hand in reserve.

Last time I checked (see my BHB Comparison thread) the Montanas were the only BHBs on the market that I considered satisfactory.

At one time Detailer`s Domain had some that sounded great, but last I heard they were no longer available.

Anybody have a source for exceptionally nice BHBs?

If not, I`ll just order two more Montanas, but I thought I`d ask in case something else is worth trying.

Thomas Dekany
09-13-2012, 03:53 PM
What is BHB?

the other pc
09-13-2012, 04:02 PM
Boar`s Hair Brush

Boar`s hair wash brushes release grit easily and are much softer than synthetic brushes, less likely to scratch a finish.

Thomas Dekany
09-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Thanks PC!

Boar`s Hair Brush

Barry Theal
09-13-2012, 04:12 PM
What size you looking for George? Got a picture? I have a source for some really nice ones, but there a little salty in price.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
09-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Ohhh, Accum, Anyone that knows you appreciates your love for BHB`s

but there a little salty in price.

most BHB`s are....

Accumulator
09-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Barry Theal- Eh, I`ve still not figured out the whol digital imaging thing, so no pix :o

But I`m after the usual rectangular ones that`re about a foot long. Like this GG one, that *used* to be really nice but is now really crappy Boar`s Hair Brush - Griot`s Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/boars+hair+brush.do?sortby=ourPicks)

Pricey is OK if the quality is right. Gotta pass the CD-test, with no excess adhesive at the base of the bristles to break loose and cause scratches. Like....if you could wash a Jet Black Bimmer with one I`ll probably be satisfied.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon- Heh heh, so you noticed that I like those, did ya? :chuckle:

Boar`s hair wash brushes release grit easily...

Exactly! Using a BHB, with my boosted water pressure, my foamgun can flush away dirt/etc. the moment it gets dislodged. Even after washing a winter-filthy vehicle my rinse water usually stays clean, meaning I have *not* been dragging dirt across the paint (result = minimal chance of marring).

It`s just *SO* hard to find good ones these days! There are plenty of good ones for wheels, but they`re not quite right for washing the body proper.

Accumulator
09-22-2012, 02:52 PM
BUMP BUMP BUMP....

Hey Theal...don`t make me call you! :boink: :chuckle:

But seriously, somebody else might want to know too.

dfoxengr
09-27-2012, 10:03 PM
I am interested in one of these too for the body lower areas especially. One that is of good quality.

Accumulator, why is the GG one not so good anymore?

Swanicyouth
09-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Check out the Universal Brush Company. It sure looks like they make the Montana`s. they sell one just like it, and a "blonde" line that is a step above according to them. They have a wide selection of BHBs. I got mine from AG and are very happy with the Montana`s, so you could just get them there.

Accumulator
09-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Check out the Universal Brush Company. It sure looks like they make the Montana`s. they sell one just like it, and a "blonde" line that is a step above according to them. They have a wide selection of BHBs. I got mine from AG and are very happy with the Montana`s, so you could just get them there.

UBC was one of the sources I`ve been wondering about (a while back I spent an afternoon looking...). I dunno...the pics on their site look very different from my Montanas from AG :think:

Depending on what I hear from Barry, I might try those "blonde" ones and see what I think. Their other ones look very similar to some that didn`t work out for me in the past (back before I was so serious about this stuff to keep notes/remember...GG still had good ones back then), but looks can be deceiveing and the Blonde ones might be a whole `nother story.

Accumulator, why is the GG one not so good anymore?

Do the dreaded search using my user-name as the search key, and look up my BHB comparison thread, which explains it all. Sorry, I hate that "go search" stuff, but this time that really is the answer.

Swanicyouth
09-28-2012, 07:07 PM
The Universal Brushes look identical to my Montana Brushes. I have the Montana brush that is on an extendable stick and fits in a bucket and the little one for the wheel. Not the blonde ones, but if you go on UBC website under Auto Exterior Cleaning Products, they have "Hog`s Hair Brushes" that look identical to the Montana`s.

Link is here :

http://www.universalbrush.com/shop02/

I don`t know the difference between a boar and a hog though.

Accumulator
09-29-2012, 12:33 PM
UBC ...the pics on their site look very different from my Montanas from AG :think:

-AND-

The Universal Brushes look identical to my Montana Brushes...

Yeah, you`re right (and I`m wrong!), I checked my Montanas as they *do* appear identical. I might just try those Blonde ones...

I bet they say "boar" instead of "hog" when they want it to sound softer.

I sure wish I could figure out a way to shoot foamgun output through their flow-through ones, but I`ve never figured out how to mount the foamer-nozzle to the BHB :confused: