PDA

View Full Version : Stop me before I buy again!!!!

Ron Ketcham
09-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Ran on to a nice 75 Ranchero GT this morning, very little rust issues, new interior, new radiator, new exhaust system, a 351 Cleveland with less than 10,000 and a C6 auto, 9 inch rear end, new shocks, good tires, aftermarket mags, etc trans was recently rebuilt by a quality shop in the area.

The A/C is not on it at this time, but all the parts are there.

Pics show decent paint, maroon with the gold stripes and tan interior with buckets.

Nice old vehicle, called the guy this evening, will go look at it in the next couple of days.

Price is really low on it, so need to be careful.

Just what I need, another old Ford at Grumpy`s Garage.

I just can`t help myself!!!!!!

Grumpy

C. Charles Hahn
09-12-2012, 09:57 PM
Well, worst case scenario is you end up with a parts car for your other Ranchero....

Ron Ketcham
09-13-2012, 09:50 AM
I`ll try to get up there in the next few days and look it over.

Really should let it go by, don`t need another project.

Accumulator
09-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Ron Ketcham- Heh heh, just remember that there`s always a *real* reason why it`s for sale ;)

Eh, who am *I* to talk?!? :o

Gotta say it`d make a nice addition to your stable...you`re kinda gravitating towards those big `70s Fords, huh?

Ron Ketcham
09-13-2012, 01:53 PM
Somebody has to save them!

Too many went to the crusher and the Chevy guys are taking over the world.

The friend I do stainless trim, wheels, paint correction, etc for, is a Chevy guy, or GM, and we were talking yesterday about how he was driving his restored 69 Chevelle convert, the Bird was parked right next to it and more people coming into the club were looking at the Bird vs his very nice Chevelle. Like he said, "that Bird is so original, so rare to see, and on every street corner is a nice Chevy, etc. People just aren`t used to seeing something like that."

The Mustangs, Mercury Cougar`s, Gran Torino`s, etc of the 60`s have always had a following, as have the baby Birds, and now seeing a lot of interest in the big Birds up through 68 or so.

Looking around at sales, the 77-79 Birds are gaining ground, long way to go to equal the Chevy`s, etc, but that just makes them worth more in a few years.

Was on the phone with the guy for about an hour last night, he`s a Iowa farm guy and they are pretty darned honest, shared a lot regarding it, history, why, when, etc.

He`s become a Harley guy, three of them and just doesn`t wish to continue with finishing some things on it.

Only two major issues I have to really think about, can`t really do anything until I give it a through inspection.

It`s too good of shape for a parts car, and it`s got things that my other Ranchero does not have, including the GT package, the 351 Cleveland (only about 10,000 on the motor), etc.

We`ll just have to find the time to drive up and do the look over on it.

I have several "on the table" offers to sell the present car if I chose, and would allow me a grand or so to put into this one.

Grumps

Barry Theal
09-13-2012, 02:05 PM
After reading this I see this thread turning into a sequael to Grumpy Old Men.:biggrin: I don`t know Ron who is worse between you and Accumulator.

Ron Ketcham
09-13-2012, 02:07 PM
We appreciate the past and realize that you kids need a little reminder of where things started.

LOL!

Grumpy

Barry Theal
09-13-2012, 02:09 PM
:grinno: I hear ya there Ron. Now get of the forum and go buy the darn thing! Im sure you need another car like you need a hole in the head!